Home Ratings & Reviews

Padilla burn issues?

Alright, so I ordered that 3 for $5 deal CCom ran about a month and half ago that had the Miami, '68, and Habano. I went out today to smoke the '68 and I couldn't even get an inch into it. It went out once almost immediately after lighting and taking a draw, then twice more. It didn't have a tight draw or anything. The same thing happened with the Habano torpedo and I got about an inch into the Miami robusto before it went out. I did manage to get that one burning again, but it turned bitter from the relight.

They all had about 6 weeks in my humidor at 65-68* and 65-70% humidity. Has anybody else had issues with theirs?

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I didn't have those issues but I wasn't impressed with the cigars in general. Not really my taste.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I went thru a couple of those c.com packs and found them great. No burn issues with any of them. In fact I just received my order for two of the one day specials of the Padila 68 Series. I love these sticks.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I've never had a problem with a '68, DL. The fact that all 3 of those smokes had issues suggests to me that maybe something unfortunate happened to them during shipping.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    I deleted the pictures I took when my order got here, but one of the water pillows did leak some in the bag, but it wasn't enough that it looked like it would've damaged the cigars. The only one that didn't come in cello (the Miami) was the onlly one that I could get past the first 1/4 inch so I don't think they got damaged from that.
  • jaytothenjaytothen Posts: 55
    I'm not a fan of most Padilla's, enjoy the '48's but that's about it. It sounds like the sticks were to moist though, maybe more rest is needed, and personally, I try to keep my humi's at a lower humidity, like 62-63%.
    Padilla Obsidian's, not matter what I do, never burn right. Most people I talk to say the same thing and have the same issues with these. Some suggest dry boxing but I haven't had luck with that either. They usually don't even light for me.
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246

I had a 68 last night...pretty even burn, great stick.

Start was earthy and had flavors of cocoa, and it later moved into a toasted almond and spice profile.

Id have given it an 8.7

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've only ever had burn issues with the Obsidian, every other Padilla, and I've had more than a few, have been flawless in burn, construction and draw. Sounds like you either got a bum stick or, more likely, it was too moist to burn properly.
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    No burn issues here, either. Had a couple of 68's recently, which were great. I have noticed that I have more burn problems in general when I'm smoking in the cold, though.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I've only had a few Padilllas, including a habano last night. I haven't had any burn issues whatsoever. In fact, the habano had a jacked up wrapper that was all cracked and split, but it still burned great and gave me no issues whatsoever.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I'm with Joe here.... the Obsidian can be a challenge, but the other Padillas have always performed very well for me. It's probably my favorite brand.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    That's been my experience, as well. I didn't find the Obsidian's flavor worth the trouble of smoking one, but I've had no problems with any others. Even their "low end" cigar, the Achilles, burns well.