Home Ratings & Reviews

Aging LP Products

scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
I have heard mixed reviews on aging LP products. What age well and what don't? I am particularly interested in the FFP and the Dirty Rat. I heard the LP9 isn't so good.

Comments

• 415415 Posts: 951
    i think the ffp will age nicely. but only time will tell.

personaly i liked the dirty rat more ROTT but many like them with a bit of age
  • stowggiestowggie Posts: 399
    I have heard the FFP is suppose to get better with age. Jonathan Drew said it himself on a interview. He said he thinks the FFP will be the best one yet with some age on it. You might search for the interview/article. If I can find it again i'll post the link. I got some to smoke and some to age.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Any thoughtsmon the undercrown?
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Imgembo:
    Any thoughtsmon the undercrown?
    They haven't been out long enough to know about their aged flavor but I think they definitely need some rest. All the Undercrowns I've smoked have had a fresh, unsettled character. I put the rest away and I'm not pulling them out again until the fall at the earliest.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I think the whole line improves with age.
  • KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    lp9 needs to be smoked young, imho.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Krieger:
    i agree. once it hits a year it is past its prime.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    kuzi16:
    Krieger:
    i agree. once it hits a year it is past its prime.
    I agree with smoking the no.9 young. I think the T52 holds up quite nicely, though. Time will tell with the Undercrown, but I have a feeling they will age nicely.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Just had my first t52, no 9, and Uzi in the last few days, smoking my 2nd undercrown now. Honestly, I could see the potential in the 52 and Uzi, but the 9 was unreal and I would imagine age would take away the profile. I was considering buying a box of undercrown for aging, but they really have yet to impress me as much as the other 3. I'll get back to you guys in a year on the FFP's as I am burying my box.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a Flying Pig recently that had quite a bit of time on it. It was so washed out, it had no flavor whatsoever beyond the first 2 or 3 puffs. I've heard the regular lines age better, but I have no personal experience beyond the FP. If I was someone who was impressed with LP products, and liked and bought them, I think I'd smoke them rather fast.