Home Ratings & Reviews

C-1

Hi everyone,

Just came back form my local Cigar shop and got me 4 cigars (1 Nicaraguan, 2 Dominica and 1 Cuban).

Is there any one out there who could help me out with a cigar I bought called C-1 form the Dominican Republic?

Others I got, and any feedback would be appreciated, are Don Lino (Dom. Rep.) and the Hector MIranda Coll. Special Edition form Nicaragua.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I don't know anything about the C1 but I doubt you got an authentic Cuban cigar at a local US cigar shop unless you know someone who works there and they gave it to you as Cuban cigars are illegal in the US. Just be careful of anything claiming to be cuban or anyone claiming to have Cuban cigars. There is a brand out there called Authentic Cubans, but they're actually made in the DR.
  • Rob1110:
    I don't know anything about the C1 but I doubt you got an authentic Cuban cigar at a local US cigar shop unless you know someone who works there and they gave it to you as Cuban cigars are illegal in the US. Just be careful of anything claiming to be cuban or anyone claiming to have Cuban cigars. There is a brand out there called Authentic Cubans, but they're actually made in the DR.

Rob, I forgot to mention that I'm from Mexico. We get all the Cubans down here at an extremelly expensive price, but we get them.

• VidarienVidarien Posts: 246

The C-1 sounds like a cusano, but i wasnt aware of a C-1....

They made the C10..and thats a spicy habano style cigar

Theyve got the M1 and P1...those are macanudo and partagas knockoffs...(Ive actually had the M1...pretty darn good surprisingly).

You sure its C1?  Look really close at the band, see if theres a 0 next to the 1.  Im really thinking it has to be a C-10.

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That's what I was thinking, but I too looked into it and didn't find a C-1. They make a CC, but that's about the closest I could find. I really like the Cusano P-1 myself.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I think I remember Partagas making a cigar called the Series C-1. I Never really followed the Partagas offerings, but you may start your research with that brand.
    The Cusano C-10 on the other hand I enjoy very much and should start looking for more since I only have one left
  • Vidarien:

The C-1 sounds like a cusano, but i wasnt aware of a C-1....

They made the C10..and thats a spicy habano style cigar

Theyve got the M1 and P1...those are macanudo and partagas knockoffs...(Ive actually had the M1...pretty darn good surprisingly).

You sure its C1?  Look really close at the band, see if theres a 0 next to the 1.  Im really thinking it has to be a C-10.

I'm pretty sure it's  C-1. (Yellow lablel with black letters)

Thanks!
  • I had a wedding last night, so usually I try to not smoke in a closed room with hundreds of people, but I couldn't resist. I smoked my C-1.

It was a little too spicy for me, it reminded me of the TE-AMO (Honduras Selection). It had a nice burn.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    adrianganem:
    I had a wedding last night, so usually I try to not smoke in a closed room with hundreds of people, but I couldn't resist. I smoked my C-1.

It was a little too spicy for me, it reminded me of the TE-AMO (Honduras Selection). It had a nice burn.
    I have not heard any reviews or comments about the Te-Amo cigar here. I take it you are not a fan of tha one?
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I've never had a Te-Amo, but during my cigar hiatus, I briefly knew a guy who really liked them. Called them "a dirty smoke," which he meant as a good thing, whatever it means.
  • TE-AMO is a brand of A. Turrent, the biggest Mexican tabaquelera. They grow their tobacco in San Andres, Veracruz.

TE-AMO Cigars have a very earthiness to them, I'm guessing this is what your friend means by a "Dirty Smoke".

A-Turrent has a lot of very good Cigars. I highly recommend the "Reserva de la Casa" and the Organic Series.

cheers.