Home Non Cigar Related

Saints and Sinners

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
I suspect that Roger Goodell won't be attending any public events when he visits New Orleans for next year's Superbowl.

Comments

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I suspect that Roger Goodell won't be attending any public events when he visits New Orleans for next year's Superbowl.

More information please. I'm missing something here.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    read the sports page
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Sean Payton got F'd in the A.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Naturally, I'm a Saints fan But, this is a big boy's, big money business. They knowingly broke the rules (lame *** NFL rule) and almost kinda flaunted it. There should be serious repercussions. But I agree with y2pascoe

Sean Payton got F'd in the A.

The T-shirts are already being printed as mentioned on the local radio station

FREE SEAN PAYTON
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm sure anyone from NO is going to think its unfair. Unfortunately, that simply isnt the case. This program was ongoing for 10 years. Three years ago, the NFL approached the owners and coaches and said if anyone has a program going on like this tell us now, without penalty, and stop! There have been signs posted in every NFL locker room stating that this is illegal ever since! The Saints knew it, the disobeyed, and then lied about it. The person I felt sorry for in all this was Roger Goodell! In the interview shortly following the decision, he literally looked like he had been crying. The NFL is his baby and if you think he wanted to basically destroy one of its greatest franchises then I think you may have some delusions about him. I've been a Sean Peyton fan for years, a Drew Brees fan, and we usually don't miss a Saints game. I think the rule is a very good rule to have, and I think the punishment was just. I'd be pretty pissed if I were Favre, Warner, Newton, Rodgers, and anyone else who was on the bounty list of players they were intentionally trying to injure!
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Interested to see how the rest of this plays out...they won the Super Bowl with these bounties in place...during the playoffs, do you remember all the unneccasary roughness calls they got for beating up on the QBs...extremely bad rep for a championship that was so prized by the community after Hurricane Katrina....
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    This was crazy when I heard about it... I mean, how can Payton go to the Broncos and THEN get suspended!? The MONSTER!

Sorry, don't watch a lot of sports.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh... and I feel bad for the Rams and Jeff Fisher who did nothing wrong, but still have to go find a new Defensive Coordinator!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    clearlysuspect:
    Well I'm sure anyone from NO is going to think its unfair. Unfortunately, that simply isnt the case. This program was ongoing for 10 years. Three years ago, the NFL approached the owners and coaches and said if anyone has a program going on like this tell us now, without penalty, and stop! There have been signs posted in every NFL locker room stating that this is illegal ever since! The Saints knew it, the disobeyed, and then lied about it. The person I felt sorry for in all this was Roger Goodell! In the interview shortly following the decision, he literally looked like he had been crying. The NFL is his baby and if you think he wanted to basically destroy one of its greatest franchises then I think you may have some delusions about him. I've been a Sean Peyton fan for years, a Drew Brees fan, and we usually don't miss a Saints game. I think the rule is a very good rule to have, and I think the punishment was just. I'd be pretty pissed if I were Favre, Warner, Newton, Rodgers, and anyone else who was on the bounty list of players they were intentionally trying to injure!
    This.

I've got no sympathy for these ****.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    It HAD TO BE SEVERE enough to make anyone dumb enough to think about doing this again realize it's just not worth it .

Instead of trying to knock another teams elite players out ... just line your best up against my best , play by the damn rules , and let the best team win . Real simple .
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    S.P didnt get FKD, he is the man... Head coach, he should know whats going on and stop it. It prolly wouldnt have been so bad if he hadnt lied.
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    gmill880:
    It HAD TO BE SEVERE enough to make anyone dumb enough to think about doing this again realize it's just not worth it .

Instead of trying to knock another teams elite players out ... just line your best up against my best , play by the damn rules , and let the best team win . Real simple .

+1
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ..oops, thought this was about the tat club thing... :::backs away slowly::::
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    One thing I've learned in Roger Goodell's tenure as commish, he doesn't F' around.