Home Non Cigar Related

Tim Tebow

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
I really want to root for this guy, but if he goes to NY Jets....err....well, there will be NO TEBOWING at my house!

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Apparently not QUITE a done deal yet. Stay tuned....

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I think he'll stay at Denver to be trained by Peyton, no? Or am I out of the loop here?
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Apparently not QUITE a done deal yet. Stay tuned....

Its a done deal now.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Yup he is gone, sad deal all around for Denver fans.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    We have certainly been entertained by the media frenzy going around the NFL right now with all that is going on, but I just can't see this as a good move for Denver. In fact, if Peyton turns out to not be completely back and ends up injured again after he gets knocked around a few times because the Denver O-line isn't exactly the best at pass blocking, it might turn out to be one of the biggest blunders in NFL history. This decision is going to make or break John Elway's legacy as the GM in Denver. Just wondering if the fans start chanting "Tebow" if he does go down early?

ps.... not wishing any ill fate on Peyton Manning. He has been one of my favorite players of all times. Just noting that another injury is a distinct possibility!
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    We have certainly been entertained by the media frenzy going around the NFL right now with all that is going on, but I just can't see this as a good move for Denver. In fact, if Peyton turns out to not be completely back and ends up injured again after he gets knocked around a few times because the Denver O-line isn't exactly the best at pass blocking, it might turn out to be one of the biggest blunders in NFL history. This decision is going to make or break John Elway's legacy as the GM in Denver. Just wondering if the fans start chanting "Tebow" if he does go down early?

ps.... not wishing any ill fate on Peyton Manning. He has been one of my favorite players of all times. Just noting that another injury is a distinct possibility!

I agree with everything you said. It should be interesting to see what happens in NY now. I know Tebow won't be starting anytime soon, but, how much will he be able to learn behind Sanchez. It will be an interesting year!

Rob
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, I'm just a little shocked that the Patriots didn't show any interest in him. The man who drafted him calls the plays for the Pats and no one could creatively use his talents better than Bellachek (sp). Pats usually go after guys who are multitalented, versitile football players! Is Tebow a really good QB? No. Is he a multi-talented football player? You bet!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I love watching Tebow . . . but I'm not sure I can root for him if he's playing for the Jets.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    clearlysuspect:

Being a Colts fan all my life Peyton was an is near and dear to my heart . I think something thats lost on folks is that just as tremendous as a QB he was he was also just as tremendous a person and human being . I wish him well in the rest of his career and life as well .

The NFL is a violent place and not only Manning but any player on any gameday on any down can suffer a career ending injury . Guys have had career's ended by non-contact injurys even .

You just never know . It reminds me of a local race car driver , maybe some of you older race fans will remember him . Larry Smith . He was born in Lenoir NC , just a few miles up the road from where I grew up . He was very talented , won the rookie of the year I believe for Nascar in 1972 . In '73 with a major sponsor , he spun on lap 14 at Talledega Speedway and popped the wall . Minor damage to his car and the crew thought they would have him back on the track in no time . He didn't survive the hit which as far as race wrecks go didn't look that bad . Head trauma . Some said he had taken the liner out of his race helmet because it was uncomfortable and bothering him . I do not know if thats true or not . It was a he_ll of a loss of a good man and good racer . That was a sad day and one heck of a loss for our community and I still think of him and his family when I see a race , especially Talledega .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    clearlysuspect:

That's why I thought he was going over there for, to train Tebow. Doesn't make sense...been working too hard and need to catch up on me sports.