Home General Discussion
Options

Sharpening my cutter?

Is there a way to sharpen your cigar cutter without ruining it? I have a fairly cheep cao guillotine cutter but i had it passed down from my dad. He never really smoked cigars but he had this one when he did smoke a cigar while he was golfing. I would rather keep this cutter other than going and buying a new one but the blade is not sharp enough, it uses too much pressure on the cigar to make a good cut...

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Maybe you could keep that cutter for sentimental value and buy another to use? Perhaps your local cigar shop can help you out, they may know/know of someone who can do the sharpening professionally.
  • Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    That's what I would reccomend, I've got 3 cutters, one I bought on vacation to Maui, El-Cheapo that I got with my humi, and a nice one I just got for Valentines day from my wife and son that has my initials engraved in it.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    ScottU:
    That's what I would reccomend, I've got 3 cutters, one I bought on vacation to Maui, El-Cheapo that I got with my humi, and a nice one I just got for Valentines day from my wife and son that has my initials engraved in it.

sounds like a nice valentines day present Scottu
  • Options
    Ah, it is. Has an angled blade, and very nicely polished.

I also got a nice single carrying tube and new lighter, both engraved.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    ScottU:
    Ah, it is. Has an angled blade, and very nicely polished.

I also got a nice single carrying tube and new lighter, both engraved.

All good things a man can use ...good score
  • Options
    She takes good care of me Cool [H]