Home Ratings & Reviews

Man O' War

Has anybody tried these cigars? I tried to find information on them but it's almost like they don't exist. Thinking about ordering one tomorrow but I wanted to see if it would be worth it.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I don't know man, a cigar named after a horse. I would be apprehensive about that one. Although you can't judge a cigar but the name. unless the name is "tastes like crap". hey, it may be worth a couple buck just to see.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    yes I've tried the man o war and its a very good cigar I ordered  somemore the  other day, very good, when we settle the dispute between cigarinternational and CC they're sold on the site.......somebody gonna say they're two of the same!!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I sent a message to Svenson asking if they are and even if he's not willing to disclose that, which would be understandbale, is it inappropriate to discuss CI on this forum.
    madurofan did you get my PM, I couldn't access the net yesterday, my firewall was giving me trouble...
    I did and I responded.
    You guys see the Man O' War was reviewed in todays ccom newsletter.
    somebodys got ESP.......creepy
  • Raziel66Raziel66 Posts: 16

Alright, going to place my order! That was good timing having it in the email. Will probably buy a torpedo or maybe a corona. I'll also get some Natural Cigars (drew estate, been wanting to try those), a Nub, and might even get a Medusa.

Edit: Alright, I ordered the torpedo Man O' War, a Medusa, Lord Tennyson, Irish Hops, Pimp Stick, and the box pressed Nub. Should be here tomorrow (at least according to the delivery ETA). I'm going to a Johnnie Walker event in D.C. Saturday night (free scotch... YAY!), so the Man O' War will probably be a good follow up once I get back home.

I got an answer to the CI question. While there is obviously some relationship they are not the same and they are competitors. Ccom would appreciate us not discussing competitors on the forum.
    madurofan:
    I got an answer to the CI question. While there is obviously some relationship they are not the same and they are competitors. Ccom would appreciate us not discussing competitors on the forum.
    Gottcha won't happen again...

Ended up working late, but the cigars were safe on my front porch. Was pleased with the packing! The bag ended up being child proof though as the plastic zipper had broken off at some point. One knife slit later and I was able to peruse my purchases. All of them look and smell fantastic! The Culebra (first time I've seen one in person) is certainly a sight to behold.

• Raziel66:

Ended up working late, but the cigars were safe on my front porch. Was pleased with the packing! The bag ended up being child proof though as the plastic zipper had broken off at some point. One knife slit later and I was able to peruse my purchases. All of them look and smell fantastic! The Culebra (first time I've seen one in person) is certainly a sight to behold.

Which cigar was the culebra? I saw something about those and have been curious to try one ever since... would be fun to walk around town smoking one just to see what kinda looks you get...
    Under "Natural by Drew Estate", the culebra is called "medusa". I'll take a pic and upload it since ccom doesn't have one.
    Aren't you supposed to untwist them and smoke each one individually?

Yeah, you untie them and you have three cigars. Not bad for $15. CA has a video about them and shows them smoking a culebra. They stay somewhat twisted while you smoke. Could be interesting to walk into my B&M with that  :)

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The culebra is one size( shape) I have not tried. It just seems wrong to me. I like the larger ring and with the ones I have seen I feel that there would not be a favorable flavor profile in these small cigars. Kind of a novelty to me, and probably the least popular size among smokers.

In the process of smoking the Man O' War now... loving it! Definitely more toward the full bodied side of things. Has a distinctly nutty (to me anyway) smell and aftertaste at the start. Not overwhelming, but there.

So far, definitely something I would buy more of, or even a box once I get a bigger humidor.

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If I recall correctly, in the CA video, they were smoking a Cuban Partagas culebra... you'd think they would try not to flaunt that.