Home General Discussion

Pictures of the new humidor

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
Hey all, i had started a thread about cuban crafters humidors and wanted to update everyone on how it went once i got it with some pictures i took today...

Here's the link to the original thread

And now to the pictures, from the top to the bottom:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Let me know what you think of the cigars that i have in there! also, I don't have a big selection of smokes in there, so i need suggestions!! I know there's not much room in there with all the stuff i have right now, but when i start smokin' 'em i'll need to replace the space with something, right?

Comments

• brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    nice humidor! Do you not get over humidification issues with that many humi-care pillows?
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Posts: 61
    Congrats! Very nice humi and a nice selection of smokes as well.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    brc81:
    nice humidor! Do you not get over humidification issues with that many humi-care pillows?

not really, it's fluctuated between 64 and 70, but likes to hover around 66-68, like the hygro in the picture says. the humi-care pillows are pretty good at maintaining 67%, like the outside of the bag says.

either way, i'm only using those til i get some heartfelt humidity beads, i'm waiting til the small bead case comes back in stock.
  • ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Lookin good! I too thought that looks like a lot of humi-care packs, but I guess the hydrometer dont lie... ...or does it *creepy music*...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ScottU:
    Lookin good! I too thought that looks like a lot of humi-care packs, but I guess the hydrometer dont lie... ...or does it *creepy music*...
    ditto. nice selection of smokes too. If you like those titans you'd probably like the beast, triple ligero and a ashton vsg. they are my favs. Also a 5 vegas classic, oh crap everything in my sig you'd probably like if you like that titan or doble maduro.
  • 3 Stripes3 Stripes Posts: 25
    Great looking Humi and nice selection there of cigars. I have a couple of the same in mine but not the amount yet.
    phobicsquirrel:
    ScottU:
    ditto. nice selection of smokes too. If you like those titans you'd probably like the beast, triple ligero and a ashton vsg. they are my favs. Also a 5 vegas classic, oh crap everything in my sig you'd probably like if you like that titan or doble maduro.

those titans are actually the Titan II Presidente ones. I got them last week on that kick-ass daily deal when they had them for $34.95 for the 5-pack. I bought two so i got the free shipping, AND they came in the Gurkha-issue Presidente box too!! I figure I came out ahead since i spent less than $7 a stick:) I haven't smoked one yet, but i can't wait much longer. i think either this weekend or the next i'll light one up.

I've had the Ashton Heritage, and i didn't like it at all. it had one of the tightest draws i've ever encountered, and it was really bitter. I don't know how much similarity there is between it and the VSG but if the VSG is anything like the Heritage i smoked a while back, i'm not sure i'd like it...

EDIT: I rechecked my label bag, it wasn't a Heritage like i originally thought, it was an Ashton Cabinet. oops
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    phobicsquirrel:
    ScottU:

those titans are actually the Titan II Presidentiale ones. I got them last week on that kick-ass daily deal when they had them for $34.95 for the 5-pack. I bought two so i got the free shipping, AND they came in the Gurkha-issue Presidentiale box too!! I figure I came out ahead since i spent less than $7 a stick:) I haven't smoked one yet, but i can't wait much longer. i think either this weekend or the next i'll light one up.

I've had the Ashton Heritage, and i didn't like it at all. it had one of the tightest draws i've ever encountered, and it was really bitter. I don't know how much similarity there is between it and the VSG but if the VSG is anything like the Heritage i smoked a while back, i'm not sure i'd like it...
    Never had a heritage, but VSG is among the top five cigars I've had.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    What are the this almost flat (lancero?)s on the top layer of your humi?
    Fourtotheflush:
    What are the this almost flat (lancero?)s on the top layer of your humi?

those are java wafe maduros i keep in there for the ladies;) they love them. the swisher and the tabaks too. lol
  • Nice to see the humi is working out good so far. I have 2 of the same both filled to capisity. Im prolly gonna get a few more of em too. My only real complaint is the hydrometer but I see you have a digital already... Il post some pictures tomorrow of mine as well.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I'm gonna cast a vote, if the moderator is listening, in favor of getting a spell-check on this forum.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    I'm gonna cast a vote, if the moderator is listening, in favor of getting a spell-check on this forum.
    wuts tha madder wut tha speeling?!,; Me thunk it not two badd. sum peeps iz jus kina pickee i gess.
    I think capasity finally put him over the edge.
    Luko:
    I mean capisity.
    Luko:
    Luko:
    I mean capisity.
    I'm drunk as *** right now and I had a hard time spelling it THAT wrong.
  • Luko:
    Luko:
    Luko:
    I mean capisity.
    Your drunk as **** playing "English Teacher" on a cigar forum criticizing people that may have misspelled a couple words?? WOW, what a life you have!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    Luko:
    Luko:
    I mean capisity.
    I find it hard to type when I'm drunk too... Though I usually don't trust myself around a computer when I am though...
    jomommass1:
    Luko:
    Luko:
    Luko:
    I mean capisity.
    Your drunk as **** playing "English Teacher" on a cigar forum criticizing people that may have misspelled a couple words?? WOW, what a life you have!
    Don't be so sensitive, ass...
    Luko:
    jomommass1:
    Luko:
    Luko:
    Luko:
    I mean capisity.
    Don't be so sensitive, ass...
    To be fair, I should point out you're right though, I don't have much of a life. It's OK, but not great.
  • robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    Nice selection, Nice set up! May I recommend the humijar set up as opposed to the humi pillows? They work really well! Over all you have a nice set up!