Home Ratings & Reviews

La Flor Dominicana Factory Press III

I decided to splurge on one of these the other day after hearing it recommended. LFD is, for whatever reason, one of those labels I've just never really even dabbled in.

I was a little let down by this one. I had burn issues throughout most of the cigar... uneven and wanting to go out. Plenty of flavor, but not much balance. It was very, very heavy on the cedar. I can't help but wonder if it's because they opened a new sealed box for me right there. I wonder if a little air time would have done it good. It tasted like it had practically bonded on a molecular level with the cedar coffin it was pressed into.

Good flavors, certainly, but with the lack of balance and burn issues, it's not something I'd pay $12 for again.

Comments

• KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    age it. LFD is amazing.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I've yet to have a bad LFD. Let it rest and have another go at it, I think you'll be surprised at the difference.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    I had burn issues throughout most of the cigar... wanting to go out.
    i find that if you tend to smoke slow (like me) LFDs will tend to go out on you. this is nothing new to me. it doesn't bother me that much, however in my catalog it will keep anything from LFD getting higher scores. if it goes out even once, this will effect the "burn" score.
    thus artificially lowering the score of the cigar.
    Krieger:
    age it. LFD is amazing.
    this is my recommendation as well. it cures the above mentioned issues for about 75% of all LFDs. (and 100% of the air benders if you ask me)

this is solid advice.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Agree with Krieger and Kuzi. I just brought a box of LFD Diez from 2008 and had one last week. What a difference. I am also aging my factory press lll cigars. LFD cigars are well constructed with flavorful Dominican tobaccos. They use a lot of Piloto Cubano and ligeros in their cigars. They are also trying to grow something like Yamasa wrapper. Litto Gomez is a passionate cigar maker, I just wish he would have used more aged tobaccos.
    kuzi16:
    ndhaon91:
    I had burn issues throughout most of the cigar... wanting to go out.
    i find that if you tend to smoke slow (like me) LFDs will tend to go out on you. this is nothing new to me. it doesn't bother me that much, however in my catalog it will keep anything from LFD getting higher scores. if it goes out even once, this will effect the "burn" score.
    thus artificially lowering the score of the cigar.
    Krieger:
    age it. LFD is amazing.
    this is my recommendation as well. it cures the above mentioned issues for about 75% of all LFDs. (and 100% of the air benders if you ask me)

this is solid advice.