Home General Discussion

Lanceros

I've found a new favorite size in the lancero. They seem to have much more flavor,  burn great, and seem to last forever. I know there have been previous posts on different shapes and sizes, but no one seems to ever mention lanceros. Just throwing it out there.

Comments

• brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    What length and ring gauge is that?
  • txpooltxpool Posts: 30

Usually around 7" x 38

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Depends on the wrapper, but I generally agree with you on this one. I'll usually sample a cigar in a robusto or toro. If I like what I'm tasting, I'll try a smaller gauge and larger gauge version, to see if the meat of what I like is in the wrapper or the blend. In a Connecticut wrapper, I'll usually go larger gauge. With an EcSu wrapper, I'll go smaller. I used to think that I liked maduros in a smaller gauge, but I've found that the flavor is too overpowering. In maduros I tend to like larger gauges as well.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'm a fan of the lancero and similar sizes, too. The only cigar I can think of that I've had both a long, narrow-gauge version of and a fatter version of, and liked the fatter one better is the Ashton VSG.

I hate the punctuation of that sentence.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    It really depends on the cigar, but if a smoke has a great outter wrapper flavor, the lancero will really set it off. If you haven't had any, here is my list of favorites.

1. El Triunfado
    2. Cubao
    3. Oliva V
    4. CAO LX2
    5. AB Tempus
    6. OpusX
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    vankleekkw:
    It really depends on the cigar, but if a smoke has a great outter wrapper flavor, the lancero will really set it off. If you haven't had any, here is my list of favorites.

1. El Triunfado
    2. Cubao
    3. Oliva V
    4. CAO LX2
    5. AB Tempus
    6. OpusX

I'm glad I have 5 of those listed in the Lancero shape. I do love the Lancero shape for alot of medium to fuller flavored and/or bodied cigars.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I'm a fan of the lancero and similar sizes, too. The only cigar I can think of that I've had both a long, narrow-gauge version of and a fatter version of, and liked the fatter one better is the Ashton VSG.

I hate the punctuation of that sentence.
    lol... I have had a few lancero's and maybe I wouldn't have liked the cigar anyway but they don't tickle my fancy very much. Maybe I should try one of a blend I really like.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    The cigar that got me started on them was the RP Fusion MM.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ah, I did have a smaller vsg at one time and thought the wizard was much tastier. I have a lancero type of opus that I'll have to light up sometime.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the Oliva V lancero is probably my favorite lancero. fantastic smoke.

again this comes down to the wrapper to filler ratio. just remember to smoke slow and relax and you will get a ton of flavor out of em.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I do have a Lancero El Triunfado that I am looking forward to trying! I've heard a lot of good things about that smoke and they are pretty hard to find. My local shop has a stash of them in stock right now but I've had my lancero for a few months. They also have the Cabaiguan Maduro which is a pretty hard to find smoke also... I do have a really great shop right down the road!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lucky lucky puro, I have to travel for 35 minutes to get to the nearest cigar shop, I don't even know if there is anything good there as I haven't been yet. California sucks for a cigar smoker.

I tend to like lanceros...well some anyhow. The Oliva V lancero is very good, but I prefer the double robusto, it works better for me I guess. The El Triunfador is awesome, just plain awesome, I really like it. I didn't much care for the Joya de Nicaragua in the lancero, but I really enjoy the belicoso.