Home Cigar 101

best way to cut a san lotano oval?

asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
What does everyone use? Punch it? Double guillotine? V-cut? Does it matter? It's an odd shape, just wondered what other people are doing.

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    just a standard cut with my Xi3 for me, always wondered how a v-cut would work on that cigar in comparison
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    good question I use my double guillotine,, no problems yet..
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Same her Xi1 for me. No problems yet.
    OchoZacho:
    Same here Xi1 for me. No problems yet.
    OchoZacho:
    Duplicate
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    asianbiker8:
    What does everyone use? Punch it? Double guillotine? V-cut? Does it matter? It's an odd shape, just wondered what other people are doing.
    With smaller box-pressed or ovals, I tend to do a v-cut, unless my pre-light physical inspection reveals a hard-packed stick - then I'll use a guillotine.
    If I do a v-cut, and the draw is insufficient, I'll do another v-cut at 90 degrees to the first (forming a cross of sorts)
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I v-cut the Oval with no problems.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I use a Cuban Crafters perfect cut. Works like a charm everytime.

"Long ashes my friends."

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I've used the Room 101 Scissor Cutters on the Oval and had no issues
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    ENFIDL:
    really???? mine didnt cut the oval as well as i had hoped. i now stick with the v cut for these
    415:
    ENFIDL:
    really???? mine didnt cut the oval as well as i had hoped. i now stick with the v cut for these
    well what i've done is partially cut the cap rotate the cigar 180 degrees and then do the same cut and that gets the cap off. i think it's the power of the shorts
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    ENFIDL:
    415:
    ENFIDL:
    well what i've done is partially cut the cap rotate the cigar 180 degrees and then do the same cut and that gets the cap off. i think it's the power of the shorts

Just imagine ... if you can wrap your mind around it ... the power of The Beard combined with the power of The Shorts ... Holy Cow !!!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    415:
    ENFIDL:
    The cut & rotate method is what I use with my Xi3. Works pretty well

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Krieg:
    I use a Cuban Crafters perfect cut. Works like a charm everytime.
    +++
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    use det cord sparingly
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    I ended up using a Xikar v cutter, it drew perfectly.
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    415:
    ENFIDL:

Just imagine ... if you can wrap your mind around it ... the power of The Beard combined with the power of The Shorts ... Holy Cow !!!
    Gene I'm not sure the world is ready for that kind of awesomeness.....
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    415:
    ENFIDL:

Gene I'm not sure the world is ready for that kind of awesomeness.....
    Wow,,just Wow
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036