Home Cigar 101

B&M aging

gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
I have noticed at a very small B&M some Cusano Corojo Vintage 1997's , about 3 boxes actually diff sizes and they have been there over a year now since i have been stopping there. Each box has about 5-7 left in them. How long does a shop consider their inventory "fresh" and rotate stock in and out. Would you consider these 'aged' just as if you had them in your humi? They are definitly the same ones for a little over a year. What concerns would you have about them if any....I have my own thoughts but would like to hear what you guys think.

Comments

• brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    When I'm at the B&M looking for something to smoke now, I usually seek out the slower sellers like this. YMMV, but I've had good luck with this approach.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Provided they have been kept at reasonable temp and RH, they should have aged very similarly to being kept in a desktop humi. If I trust that the B&M maintains such standards, these would be winners in my book.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Depends on how much spicy food the patrons have had to eat
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    dutyje:
    Depends on how much spicy food the patrons have had to eat
    haha....this cigar has a musty prelight aroma to it!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive pulled some cigars out of the B&M humi with yellowed cellophane. its like instant aging to me. the onmly problem is i dont know exactly how long they have had them.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Does anyone like these Cusano's?
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I had a torpedo about a week ago. The flavor was good, the draw was great, but it did have burn issues. Decent enough, but not one I plan to buy again.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    gmill880:
    I LOVED the Corojo 97, Gene. I keep meaning to get more. If you pick some up, maybe I'll swing by when I'm climbing around Boone and do a swap if ya want. I'll even re-stock your Tortuga if you're running low.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    dutyje:
    gmill880:
    I LOVED the Corojo 97, Gene. I keep meaning to get more. If you pick some up, maybe I'll swing by when I'm climbing around Boone and do a swap if ya want. I'll even re-stock your Tortuga if you're running low.

I will let you know D-Man
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    i smoke that cigar once a year during the week the leaves turn color but have yet to fall. they just scream fall to me.