Home Ratings & Reviews

padilia 68

ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
any one try these? if so do you mind shareing your thoughts?

Comments

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    The Padilla Series 68 robusto is a awesome cigar. If this is what your referring to. It has a barnyard hay smell. Smooth looking and creamy with rich medium smoke output. I get hints of tea while along it's a earthy cigar. It also has a light pepper hint through out the whole session of you smoking it. All of this is by memory my friend. I have yet to have one that I didn't like. I have two boxes of the robustos and about ten of them in a tray in my cabinet. When I want a cigar I know I will enjoy, I grab that one or a Avo classic. Of course we are not talking about the Avo. But, the Padilla is one of my go to cigars for sure. I believe they are also being discontinued. So grab a few. If you don't want them, PM me and I'll be more than happy to snag them from you. Better yet, if you want to try one or two of the robusto's. Pm me and we can make that happen. This is all my opinion on this cigar and I will stand by it.

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    With a year or more on them the damp, earthy taste all but disappears and they become a much drier, toastier smoke and all the other flavors smooth out as always. Just about the best budget cigar I can think of.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    man you should be a saleman!. Thanks for all the info. I have only had to padilla the La terrza maduro and a Padillia habano. I loved both of them.
    bigharpoon:
    With a year or more on them the damp, earthy taste all but disappears and they become a much drier, toastier smoke and all the other flavors smooth out as always. Just about the best budget cigar I can think of.

Makes them sound even better. You are correct with that statement. The oldest ones I have are about 16 months old. I love'em. Dang it, I was looking forward to smoking something new tomorrow morning with my coffee. I think I'm going to have the old faithful, thanks Bigharpoon for getting my taste buds wanting another one :).....

Imgembo:
    man you should be a saleman!. Thanks for all the info. I have only had to padilla the La terrza maduro and a Padillia habano. I loved both of them.

There's only one thing that stands out to me about cigar that makes me come back for another. If I can remember how it was, it had to be a good cigar for me.

good point sir. this has happend to me twice in my short time smoking. Monte cristo media noches and the Diesel UHC ( bought a box the next day). Thank god the UHC is cheap cause lord knows i cant afford the montes that offten.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    One of my favorites for the reasons mentioned above.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I've got a Series 68 and a 32 resting for now. If they're as good or better than the Miami, I'm gonna be in serious trouble. Courtesy of the BoTL-hood, I'm officially a Padilla and Tatuaje junky now. Seems I've got some smoking to do this weekend... Dontcha hate it when that happens?
    Toombes:
    I've got a Series 68 and a 32 resting for now. If they're as good or better than the Miami, I'm gonna be in serious trouble. Courtesy of the BoTL-hood, I'm officially a Padilla and Tatuaje junky now. Seems I've got some smoking to do this weekend... Dontcha hate it when that happens?
    Ya i hate relaxing and letting my troubles fade away. I try to avoid it at all cost.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i had the 68 in the LE soloman a few years back. it is my favorite Padilla if you ask me.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    The 68 is something you will thoroughly enjoy. The toasty favors are something I absolutely love. The first time I smoke one I knew I had to get more. Like Rick, I have over two boxes of 68's. Many of which have about a year of rest time on them.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    It is a stick that is much better after some serious rest. I do like them, in fact I smoked a bunch of them this week at work.