Home General Discussion

Ordering online vs. phone orders

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
What's the pros and cons of each? so far i've only ever ordered online, but i know that a lot of people on the forums order by telephone. i'm trying to decide if i should make the jump or not, and what the benefits of changing would be, if there are any...

Anyone care to give their .02?

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've been wondering the same thing. I've never ordered over the phone. Perhaps you could get some better deals..?
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

Only one way to find out!

also, you can email me direct at tblythe at cigar.com

i dare you.

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    timb:

i dare you.

we're waiting on the dreaded "double dog dare" ....; ) ...all I need is a little push ....
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Actually, I just placed a phone order with Tim a few days back...works like a charm ;).

Especially since part of the order went on the Credit card (wife knows about that order), and the rest went by money order (wife does NOT know ;) ). Tim was most helpful in helping a brother out :D

First half arrived in good condition as always, but really looking forward to the second half. I picked up a few dandy tasty treats. The first order, though still good, is my standard fare smokes so to speak. This second half is my special treat smokes :)
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    gmill880:
    timb:

i dare you.

we're waiting on the dreaded "double dog dare" ....; ) ...all I need is a little push ....
    Dare hell, I just need the money. Between the tax man, CC's, car and a baby on the way....I'm broke.

Serenity NOW!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    timb:

i dare you.

hey tim, you got some email coming..
  • jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    I think the last time I used the phone to order anything was 1997.
  • sanesane Posts: 151
    timb:

i dare you.

I have ordered online, over the phone and via email to Tim and I think that emailing him is the best way.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    when ordering from cigar.com the only way to do it is over the phone.

this way you get the opportunity to talk with the rep about what you do and dont like and why. they will then be able to recommend new things for you to try.
    ...on some rare occasions they will even throw in a free sample so that you will come back and buy those.

regular pushers...

ive called and asked about accessories as well. they know their stuff and they show it over the phone.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    The only problem I have had with Ccom was from an order I placed online instead of calling it in. It was a minor problem so I shot them a question about it via email but somewhere along the line communication got jumbled.
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    Goldy, anything I can do to help?  email me at tblythe at cigar.com
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Nope, all sorted out. Happy as a clam!
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    What's the pros and cons of each? so far i've only ever ordered online, but i know that a lot of people on the forums order by telephone. i'm trying to decide if i should make the jump or not, and what the benefits of changing would be, if there are any...

Here is where dealing with real people comes in handy. Via phone, when I placed my order with Tim, I was able to get something that he had sent me in two e-mails a while back, but that I had saved for when I got around to placing my order. You can't get that personal touch via the interweb ;)

Tim (or whomever you have established as your source there at C.Com) can probably do just about any C.Com deal that you have seen online, in the catalog, or via e-mail...just better ;)
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    bacon.jay:

Here is where dealing with real people comes in handy. Via phone, when I placed my order with Tim, I was able to get something that he had sent me in two e-mails a while back, but that I had saved for when I got around to placing my order. You can't get that personal touch via the interweb ;)

Tim (or whomever you have established as your source there at C.Com) can probably do just about any C.Com deal that you have seen online, in the catalog, or via e-mail...just better ;)

dude, i love your sig. gotta be my favorite strip of all time. i remember reading them when they were still in the funnies. it was a sad, sad day the last one was printed ;_;

i'll have to get in touch with somebody there and see what they can do for me. for now though, gotta pay bills and smoke what i got, lol. hopefully once i start chipping away at my stock i'll have some "spare" cash and i can get some other good smokes.