Home Ratings & Reviews

Tubo's, Worth the Extra Expense... Share Please..

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
I had a partagas black last night which I have had in the humi for a few months and it was a Tubo. Seems to me that it was better than the non tubo which I had. Same with the don carlos GOF. Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    I used to get tubo R&J's a while ago, personally i found no difference
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I can't say I've smoked the tubo and non-tubo versions of the exact same cigar, but I can say I like the presentation of tubos. I'm a sucker for marketing sometimes.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    I can't say I've smoked the tubo and non-tubo versions of the exact same cigar, but I can say I like the presentation of tubos. I'm a sucker for marketing sometimes.
    lol, yeah me too.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Can't say I've ever noticed a difference. The only time I buy tubos, now, is when it's the only way the particular cigar I want is packaged. The H. Upmann Monarch comes to mind.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    This could well be an isolated example, but I've had the Oliva Special S robusto from a tube and from a box, actually three from tubes. The ones from tubes smoked great and burned flawlessly, the one from a box didn't smoke so great, it kept hissing and popping and the flavor wasn't quite right. I'll have to pull another from the box to give it another shot, hopefully that was an anomaly...could have been a bit dry too. We'll see.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i like tubos. i like to put them in the humidor and forget about them. I have a bolivar thats almost 4 years old. if its in a tube it makes me want to age.

many tubes have cedar in them. that my change the flavor. i could see it being different.
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Posts: 61
    I rarely pick up any tubo. I always want to examine the cigar and can't with a tubo.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    That's weird, Joe. I've only ever had the diadema, so I can't compare notes on that one.