2012 BORK Baseball League

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    danielzreyes:
    $2.1 billion. Seesh
    HA! they only overpaid by about a billion... it's all good
    I don't know whether to think if McCourt is a con man or a genius.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    danielzreyes:
    robbyras:
    danielzreyes:
    $2.1 billion. Seesh
    HA! they only overpaid by about a billion... it's all good
    I don't know whether to think if McCourt is a con man or a genius.
    he's both...
  • Options
    I got your trade offer Jim and I am mulling it over... it's tempting...
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Glad to see you received it. I just thought the stats are the stats as of right now. nobody is in a slump or on a heater. Two different players who serve different purposes if you will.
  • Options
    Quick question regarding pitchers.....Do they have to be located in the top two SP and RP spots on our lineup to be considered in the lineup? Or as long as they don't have BN (bench) next to their name they are included in the daily lineup? Just a bit confusing as on the hitters/position players lineup their is clearly a designation.

Thanks
  • Options
    Bombay:
    Quick question regarding pitchers.....Do they have to be located in the top two SP and RP spots on our lineup to be considered in the lineup? Or as long as they don't have BN (bench) next to their name they are included in the daily lineup? Just a bit confusing as on the hitters/position players lineup their is clearly a designation.

Thanks
    All 8 slots are accounted for in the lineup. Technically you don't have to worry about your pitchers unless they are on the DL. Your hitters on the other hand, you'll need to rotate every now and then. This is where your management skills come in. ( too see who's hot/cold etc. Also, some teams are usually off either mon or thurs depending on their sched.)
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Bombay:

Thanks
    All 8 slots are accounted for in the lineup. Technically you don't have to worry about your pitchers unless they are on the DL. Your hitters on the other hand, you'll need to rotate every now and then. This is where your management skills come in. ( too see who's hot/cold etc. Also, some teams are usually off either mon or thurs depending on their sched.)
    Oh, I see what you're saying......Yes, if they are BN, their stats won't count. (I have exactly 8 pitchers none on the BN)
  • Options
    Yeah now looking at Rob's lineup I kinda wish I knew you could draft more pitchers. I thought when you reached 8 you were full not that one of the bench spots from the hitter/position players would just be moved down. Oh well I think my pitching is solid anyway.
  • Options
    Bench spots are just bench spots, they can be filled with whoever you want... I usually don't carry many extra pitchers, cuz you can ALWAYS find pitching... especially in a shallow league like this...
  • Options
    Don't forget to set your lineups! There is one REAL game today... STL and MIA start the season off... why there are 18 different opening days, I do not know, but the stats count...
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah! Win #1 for the red birds!
  • Options
    Thanks to a tremendous outing by my pitcher, K Lohse. I will take those numbers anyday.
  • Options
    Bombay:
    Thanks to a tremendous outing by my pitcher, K Lohse. I will take those numbers anyday.
    the upcoming 3+ip 9h 7er 3bb outing will even that out...
  • Options
    LOL! Being a die hard cards fan Lohse is not exactly loved. However, as a number 3 behind carp and wainwright I can't complain too much.
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    LOL! Being a die hard cards fan Lohse is not exactly loved. However, as a number 3 behind carp and wainwright I can't complain too much.
    sounds like he is two violent sneezes from being the defacto #1.... actually make that one sneeze, since one already happened
  • Options
    Oh please wainwright is fine... tommy john happens. He`ll be healthy for along time coming and once again be number 2 in cy young voting every year.
  • Options
    jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    bigfnsteve:
    Oh please wainwright is fine... tommy john happens. He`ll be healthy for along time coming and once again be number 2 in cy young voting every year.
    At least you agree he'll never be more than a #2 pitcher.
  • Options
    Haha #2 in cy young voting is what i said... hes a number 1 on just about every staff out there. He had some sick years and ran up against lincecums best consecutive years. Now he`ll be running up against kershaw. Prior to surgery top 5 pitcher in baseball without a doubt.
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    Haha #2 in cy young voting is what i said... hes a number 1 on just about every staff out there. He had some sick years and ran up against lincecums best consecutive years. Now he`ll be running up against kershaw. Prior to surgery top 5 pitcher in baseball without a doubt.
    he's a fine pitcher... and a few years ago he was a top 10 pitcher... but he's got a long way to go to get back there...
  • Options
    He`ll be ok.. he has the build and the smarts for it. I hope :-P They have have allot of good pitching coming up also this year. Kinda exciting. We shall see. Last year was a miracle and it was allot of fun. I was fortunate enough to go to game six of the nlcs in Milwaukee and games 3and 4 of the world series.Still feeding off the excitement. Top 10? In 09 who was better besides lincecum and maybe carpenter. Grienke had a dominate year also. But i dont see kore than 2-3 guys that were better. He just does his job with the fan fare and hype. Besides the cards got him for jd drew... best deal ever.
  • Options
    Han SoloHan Solo Posts: 4
    I don't like yahoo at all. It takes like 5 screens to get to your team page.
  • Options
    Hans solo I figured google would have conquered yahoo in your time.. Im surprised you even know what yahoo is.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Is there anyway to make it so you see how many points each player has? I hate looking at like 4 stats. Love ESPN compared to this :
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone addressed this or not, but the point total is right there on the main League page... MutterBumsers is running away with the league at 70 points... Bombay is in second with 56.5 and I'm in 3rh with 55... if you click on Full Standings you can see what you are scoring in each point category, this is helpful so you can make some roster moves to address your weaker areas...
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    So If I rank 1st in homeruns I have 9 points and last is 1 point for a max of 90 points?
  • Options
    yep... it;s standard rotisserie scoring with 9 teams
  • Options
    Woo hoo. Weaver with a No No. (1 walk from a perfect game)
  • Options
    Down to the last week and there are 3 teams fighting for the top 2 spots! Should be a good finish!
  • Options
    I am looking to make it interesting by playing spoiler. I have resigned the fact that I can win but I'll be damned if I can't make this thing interesting!
  • Options
    Bombay:
    I am looking to make it interesting by playing spoiler. I have resigned the fact that I can win but I'll be damned if I can't make this thing interesting!
    No need for any of that! Hehe... I`m glad its been competitive. It definitely been fun I just hope next year half my team doesn't end up on the dl and I use all my waiver wire transactions with two month to go.