Home General Discussion

My Introduction

bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
Hello everybody. It's time I stop trolling and 'fess up to reading this forum. I'm new to smoking cigars and I am really enjoying the process of learning about them, slowly filling my humidor, developing my palate and, of course, smoking them. This site has already brought me some great deals on cigars and advice on many things. Thank you!

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, hope you stick around. We need new blood. lol
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    hey big, yup the doods on this forum are great, ccom is great, cigars are great, chit man; everythings great! Welcome to the board!
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    welcome aboard, harpoon
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Welcome. Since you have been trolling I'm sure that you already know the wealth of info on this board. Just stick around and there will be more to come and chime in when you can. Even newbies can share stuff that some of the old guys may not know.
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Welcome aboard! Glad to have ya!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Big.. welcome. So what are some of your must have cigars ?
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    welcome abord. You stab whales with that thing?
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome harpy
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    SLOWLY filling the humidor ?

whats wrong with you man? fill it fast. 2 days till the tax goes up!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    SLOWLY filling the humidor ?

whats wrong with you man? fill it fast. 2 days till the tax goes up!
    Ha! Oh, it'll be full within two more days. I just haven't been filling it 20 or 25 at a time. As far as must have cigars, I'm not sure I'm a must have kinda guy. In general my tastes are centered around medium but I do like a mild and a fuller smoke too. Here's the latest three types I've bought: Gurkha rare breed (which my small local cigar shop is somehow selling for $3 each) Verdadero organic (I like these and I like that they're organic) Sol Cubano cuban cabinet (Haven't had one yet but I ordered some anyway based on their popularity in this forum and Ccom also had a sale on them) I've got quite a varied selection filling my lone 100 count humi and I am quickly realizing why everyone has multiple humidors, they're just too many good cigars in the world for any one humidor!
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    If you've been reading these forums, then im sure i dont need to suggest the 5 Vegas series because you already have some. If medium is your area, you might consider Rocky Patel Vintage 92, Commacho 1962, Padilla 68, Oliva V. I dont know if you tried the 5 Vegas miami either, but if you enjoyed that more than the other 5 vegas series, you might be interested in the don pepin brands. Theres a 1 day deal today on 5 vegas limitada 08 as well. These are just some thoughts.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard, have you tried any Rocky Patels?

"Long ashes my friends."

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Verdadero organic (I like these and I like that they're organic)
    im sure that being organic will change the flavor a bit. how could it not? natural fertilizer is way different in make up than processed.

im interested in this cigar because of the flavor. I could give two *** that its actually organic.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Welcome Harpie. If you haven't noticed, we're all nuts!
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Welcome to the madness!

You're gonna need a bigger humidor.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes. Another humidor, that would be great. Gonna have to buy the wife some wine for that...a lot of wine! Get her good and drunk so she thinks she's seein' double. I have room for one more order before the dreaded schip tax. Decisions, decisions. I have quite a variety so far, looking for a box I can call my everyday smoke...thinking about La Cuna 1720 (at $36 for 20), Ccom 21 piece sampler or RP Segundos. I'll see what's on sale tomorrow...