Home Ratings & Reviews

Zino Davidoff Crown Series

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
Zino Platinum Crown Series, Barrel size. I have been smoking this cigar for a while. I am not good to review cigar as many of you. However, here is my amature review of this cigar: Size: 6 X 60 Size: Toro Wrapper: Two years aged from Ecuador Binder: Four years aged USA Connecticut Filler: Five years Dominican Republic and Peru. 75% Ligero tobbaco but still very smooth and medium to full bodied. Start with a smooth kick, very rich, creamy aroma. Perfect draw and burn from the top to bottom. The vanilla flavor add milk chocolate aroma. It gets spicier but tone down then come back. I had never experienced any spicy cigar so smooth and creamy before. This one got three months aging in my humidor and can tell that it will get even better with aging. 75% ligero but it doesn't bother the taste or the aroma. I don't know how Davidoff balanced this great cigar with so much ligero in it. The cigar is also very complex because the combination of vanilla, milk chocolate, spicy and slight flowery aromas come and go in different time. All I can say is - one of the top non-Cuban in the market. I m defiantly going to order more and rest them in my humidor. I would recommend this cigar to smoke in the morning with clean palate. This way you can enjoy the full flavor and aroma. Photobucket Photobucket

Comments

• Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Nice cigar, nice review. Keep it up!
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    I enjoy the flavors of them also. I'm a big Zino fan. Yet, I'm not big on the big rings. But when I'm in the mood for it, I grab one. I have six left of a Chubby Especial Tubo box. Nice review, love the aroma of them also.

• rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Here is another Limited Edition Emperor Crown series Zino Platinum: Photobucket Photobucket
    RCY Cigars:
    I enjoy the flavors of them also. I'm a big Zino fan. Yet, I'm not big on the big rings. But when I'm in the mood for it, I grab one. I have six left of a Chubby Especial Tubo box. Nice review, love the aroma of them also.

If you don't like 60 Ring gauge then you can smoke the other sizes. They comes with five different ring gauges. The double Grande comes with 50 ring gauge but doesn't deliver the taste as much as the Barrel shape.
    RCY Cigars:

rzaman:
    If you don't like 60 Ring gauge then you can smoke the other sizes. They comes with five different ring gauges. The double Grande comes with 50 ring gauge but doesn't deliver the taste as much as the Barrel shape.
    RCY Cigars:

Note taken, but I will also try the Barrel. Question, have you had the Zino Embassy Selection 2010 and what are your thoughts on it? It is my favorite and they are smoking very well right now. Don't hold back I'm a true believer that everyone palate is different.

Anything from Zino Davidoff is good. I tried a box of "Zino Embassy Selection 2011" not 2010. It is not as good as Emeror Collection but excellent cigar. I enjoyed the Ecudorian sun grown wrapper. Last time when I was in Davidoff store in NY they informed me that they used 75% ligero in it. It is a cigar need to be smoked with full stomach. Overall, it is very smooth, creamy, slightly woody, fruity, sweet flavor. All the taste and flavor comes and go which makes it very complex. I enjoyed the round flavor and the after taste in each puff.
    RCY Cigars:
    rzaman:
    RCY Cigars:

Note taken, but I will also try the Barrel. Question, have you had the Zino Embassy Selection 2010 and what are your thoughts on it? It is my favorite and they are smoking very well right now. Don't hold back I'm a true believer that everyone palate is different.

rzaman:
    Anything from Zino Davidoff is good. I tried a box of "Zino Embassy Selection 2011" not 2010. It is not as good as Emeror Collection but excellent cigar. I enjoyed the Ecudorian sun grown wrapper. Last time when I was in Davidoff store in NY they informed me that they used 75% ligero in it. It is a cigar need to be smoked with full stomach. Overall, it is very smooth, creamy, slightly woody, fruity, sweet flavor. All the taste and flavor comes and go which makes it very complex. I enjoyed the round flavor and the after taste in each puff.
    RCY Cigars:
    rzaman:
    RCY Cigars:

The 2010 is a belicoso and yes it is a full bodied cigar. I always have one after a hearty meal. Thank you, it 's always a good thing to hear someone else's thought on a cigar you like. Appreciate it much....

Smoking a Zino Crown Series Double Grande(Double Corona) size. The as usual taste of Barrel size is there but it simply not as enjoyable as the Barrel. The vanilla, milk chocolate, spiciness is more intense for the 50 ring guage compares to barrel's 60 but the smoothness is less. Perfect burn but I prefer to stick with the barrel size. I am just not enjoying it as much as the other one. Photobucket