Home Cigar 101

Cigar.com Humidipaks

How well do the humidipaks cigar.com keep the cigars "fresh" during their travel. It sometimes can be 5 or 6 days before I get them in the mail.

Comments

• allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I would say fresh enough. If you're wondering about smoking them right away, I would try one and leave the rest to ...rest for 24 hours at least. Temperature fluctuations during transit will make the RH change, so the sticks might taste good, or they might not. Hard to tell.
  • bostoneobostoneo Posts: 3
    great, I usually leave them in the humidor at least 2 or 3 days.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They last a long time. I throw one in a ziplock bag with my sticks when I come to the boat and they keep my smokes in perfect shape for a month or more.
  • bostoneobostoneo Posts: 3
    Sweet, thats good to know, how do you recharge them?
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    When i ordered cigars in the persian gulf where mail sometimes took upwards of 30 days, the humi packs worked pefectly and the smokes arrived in tip top shape. To recharge open the humi pak and take out the water pillow, soak it in distilled water(submerged) for about 60 seconds, take it out and shake off excess water and put it back in the back. Just that easy!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Humipaks are the ***! As long as they are moist they'll keep your cigars humidified