Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    That's pretty much what I thought... I bought a six-pack of it a couple weeks ago, looking for a subsituted for Edmund Fitzgerald (since I can't get that down here). I called it the "Budweiser American Ale of porters"
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Fat Tire Amber Ale, mmmmmmm tasty. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite micro- brews.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Fat Tire Amber Ale, mmmmmmm tasty. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite micro- brews.
    Hmm, I've never had Fat Tire, but I keep hearing good things about it. Gonna have get me some of this.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    dutyje:
    That's pretty much what I thought... I bought a six-pack of it a couple weeks ago, looking for a subsituted for Edmund Fitzgerald
    Have you checked with Gordon Lightfoot?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    That's pretty much what I thought... I bought a six-pack of it a couple weeks ago, looking for a subsituted for Edmund Fitzgerald (since I can't get that down here). I called it the "Budweiser American Ale of porters"
    if you like a bit of vanilla in your porter try the Breckinridge (sp?) vanilla bean porter.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    dutyje:
    if you like a bit of vanilla in your porter try the Breckinridge (sp?) vanilla bean porter.
    I'll look for that next time I'm at the store. Interestingly, I used to LOVE having a porter with a cigar. Now I'm learning that I really only like it with certain types of cigars... I need to start recording my pairing drink with a smoke, to see which go together best.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:

Had that a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it Kas ...becoming one of my favs as well :)
  • Options
    Luko:
    kaspera79:
    Hmm, I've never had Fat Tire, but I keep hearing good things about it. Gonna have get me some of this.
    Be sure to drink it out of a glass, the bottle restricts the beauty, and flavor of this beer. The density and longevity of the foam is unreal.
  • Options
    On a very pleasant note ...I just re-stocked on Tortuga Rum today ...picked up the last at a local ABC since it will be special order only after stock is gone...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    On a very pleasant note ...I just re-stocked on Tortuga Rum today ...picked up the last at a local ABC since it will be special order only after stock is gone...
    I'm a short drive from SC.. In fact, the closest liquor store is in SC... I think they've got it there.
  • Options
    good to know duty
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Ohhhhhh...I miss Fat Tire ales. We don't have those up here in the NE. Man, they're tasty!

I'm on a Sierra Nevada ESB kick, very delicious beer that seems perfect for springish type weather. I guess that's why they cleverly call it their "early spring beer." Hmmmm...

If any of you homebrew out there Sierra Nevada uses their own strain of yeast (which is not for sale anywhere) they name after the town they're in, Chico, and their bottle conditioning leaves some of this yeast on the bottom of the bottle. You can easily propogate this yeast and use it in your own homebrews. It's premium.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Ohhh Fat Tire Ales you make the rockin world go round!
  • Options
    Man, what's up with all the song quotes tonight, eh?
  • Options
    dutyje:
    kuzi16:
    dutyje:
    I'll look for that next time I'm at the store. Interestingly, I used to LOVE having a porter with a cigar. Now I'm learning that I really only like it with certain types of cigars... I need to start recording my pairing drink with a smoke, to see which go together best.
    So clearly there's a spreadsheet in your future...my question is, do you have a spreadsheet to help organize all your spreadsheets?
  • Options
    All the spreadsheets (and supplementary documentation) go in an elaborate system of folders. The pairing drink, however, will simply be an additional column on the 'Ratings' tab of the Cigars spreadsheet (which now sits at 25 tabs).
  • Options
    I feel a Fat Tire Amber Ale night coming on.....I can feel it ....coming in the air tonight ...(damn I love that song)
  • Options
    gmill880:
    I feel a Fat Tire Amber Ale night coming on.....I can feel it ....coming in the air tonight ...(damn I love that song)
    (does my best air drums)
    da duh da doo da doo da doo chhh!

I can feel it coming in the air tonight....

oh lord!
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    (does my best air drums)

oh lord!

you can wipe off that grin
    cause I know where you been....air drums .....its all been a pack of lies .....
  • Options
    gmill880:
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    (does my best air drums)

oh lord!

Husband to cheating wife or wife to cheating husband...You can wipe off your chin, I know where you been..
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    (does my best air drums)

oh lord!

Husband to cheating wife or wife to cheating husband...You can wipe off your chin, I know where you been..
    Su-Sussudio
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    (does my best air drums)

oh lord!

Su-Sussudio
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Wild Turkey 101. Got a killer deal on a bottle and 2 glasses....only 17.99....love me some Nevada!
  • Options
    yeungling once again
  • Options
    Luko:
    yeungling once again
    hey luko...
    ever get out to that one bar "the sharp edge" ...?

look it up if you like interesting beer.

they know their beer there. it may be the best beer bar i have ever seen.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Luko:
    yeungling once again
    hey luko...

Yeah, it's got a great reputation here and an unbelievable selction.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I was so impressed with Wild Turkey 101 and Wild Turkey Rare Breed, I saw a bottle of Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit and had to get it. Very toasted caramel, strong and fiery finish. Pretty awesome bourbon!
  • Options
    Wild Turkey Rare Breed ....Ummmmm
  • Options
    Luko:
    kuzi16:
    Luko:
    yeungling once again
    hey luko...

Yeah, it's got a great reputation here and an unbelievable selction.
    those guys serve one of my all time favorite beers.

maybe next time im in town we can stop buy. Ill buy you one.
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan...So what's the all-time favorite beer?

And last night, it was Harp and some Great Lakes Burning River for me.