Home Ratings & Reviews

Sol Cubano Artisan

Has anyone tried this? What did you think?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Artisan thread

Not a ton of info going on in that thread, but I haven't heard anything good about the Artisan.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    smbrink:
    Has anyone tried this? What did you think?
    Yeah, I have never heard rave reviews about this one, But, I have one that just looked good so I picked it up. And I didn't pay 15.00 bucks for it, I got it for about half that. The down side that I remember from others comments, was that the multi wrappers become un-done. I like Sol Cubano stuff, so I expect it to be fairly decent.
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Thats what I was thinking
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had one and from what i remember I liked it. Don't remember how much I liked it but I did. I have another 8 left. I got a deal on them 5 for $25.
    rwheelwright:
    I had one and from what i remember I liked it. Don't remember how much I liked it but I did. I have another 8 left. I got a deal on them 5 for $25.
    I will remember that one once I finally burn it, it is so unique.
    I'm gonna smoke one tonight to see what I think of it...I'll report back after my mission.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    I'm gonna smoke one tonight to see what I think of it...I'll report back after my mission.

Doot doot doo doot....doot doot doo dooot ....Mr j0z3r...should you be captured the forum will deny any knowledge of your existance...this post will self destruct in 5 seconds ....(yeah its a slow night)
    Har har har. :)

Slow night? Nothing cures a slow night like some Buffalo Trace and Sierra Mist. (ahhh)

So I smoked the Artisan like I said I would, here's what I think. OK, first the burn was razor sharp after it got past the little nipple at the foot, it was a but shaky on the nipple, but decent enough. The ash held firm and solid, no flaking or premature dropping, solid 2 inch clumps before I broke them off. The flavor, well that's where it failed me, it just wasn't to my liking. I'd say the dominant flavor was a buttery, grassy taste...not terribly complex either. The draw was good though a bit tight at times, nothing rolling the tip didn't fix. So all in all, the construction was good but I did not enjoy the flavor.

smbrink: would you care to trade for what I have left? I think I have 2-3, though I'll have to check to make sure. A trade beats buying some, that's for darn sure.
    j0z3r:
    ... your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to smoke that fatty, and let us know whatcha think. See 'ya in a couple hours... Good luck Joe. This tape will self destruct. Edit... Damn I should read to the end before I post. G. and I have the same sense of humor.
    haha, now that's just funny right there, I don't care who y'are.
    j0z3r:
    Har har har. :)

Slow night? Nothing cures a slow night like some Buffalo Trace and Sierra Mist. (ahhh)

So I smoked the Artisan like I said I would, here's what I think. OK, first the burn was razor sharp after it got past the little nipple at the foot, it was a but shaky on the nipple, but decent enough. The ash held firm and solid, no flaking or premature dropping, solid 2 inch clumps before I broke them off. The flavor, well that's where it failed me, it just wasn't to my liking. I'd say the dominant flavor was a buttery, grassy taste...not terribly complex either. The draw was good though a bit tight at times, nothing rolling the tip didn't fix. So all in all, the construction was good but I did not enjoy the flavor.

smbrink: would you care to trade for what I have left? I think I have 2-3, though I'll have to check to make sure. A trade beats buying some, that's for darn sure.
    Dunno Im gonna smoke it on the 13 Ill get back to ya after that.
    Oh, didn't know you already had one, I thought you were looking to get one.
    Yeah I got it as part of a birthday sampler my wife let me get. I was really looking forward to it until I got so many negative or so-so remarks about it but I got a few more in that sampler that im really looking forward to.
    It's not bad I guess, just not my cup of tea. You may like it for all I know. It certainly wouldn't be the first time I didn't like something and someone else did.
  • samijxsamijx Posts: 6
    I've had one and still have another in my humi.  I liked the smoke. I was disappointed in the wrapper.  I like it to taste either sweet, spice, peppery, or something on my lips.  This wrapper tasted like cardboard.  The smoke itself was flaverful and reminded me of the Gurka Centurian but the flavor was much less pronounced.  I'd say it was a good cigar, but worth more like $10 than $16.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    When I can find the time to smoke another one, I'll let you know what I think. I remember it being tasty but it was also like 10 degrees out. Maybe I can get one in in the next 2 weeks.