Home General Discussion

Casa Belicoso in Walnut Creek, CA this Friday?

jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
very last minute. Anyone want to go to Casa Belicoso in Walnut Creek this Friday? I'm off this Friday and I'll be there 5PM and onwards (need to get away from home and enjoy some cigars). Anyone interested? Shaun? Ed? Rob? Boyd? Alex Svenson? The Beard? Let me know. Jiunn

Comments

• edhedh Posts: 61
    Hi Jiunn, I will have to see how work goes, but Friday night is tough.

Never been to Casa Belicoso, but the website says the lounge is "members only." Does that mean if I buy cigars at Casa Belicoso, I can't smoke them in the lounge unless I become a member? Maybe you're a member and are allowed guests. Let me know what's up with that.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    wish i could make it. ive been trying to stop by there for a while now. just havent had the time.
    let me know what you think of the place
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    aww come on fellas. Ed - there is a $10 charge to smoke in the lounge (unless if you buy $50 or more worth of merchandise). it is not cheap... i'm actually thinking about getting their membership but unsure if that will get others in... Kevin - dude again?? just kidding haha. Let me know as it gets closer to Friday. If one of you guys (or others) can make it, I may move it to Cigar Loft in Walnut Creek. I hear there is no smoking lounge fee over there.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    another small problem... i dont get off work till 5 on friday
    Hmmm, 10 bucks isn't too bad, but I think that I would more likely go for $50 in cigars. Of course, that assumes they have something interesting. I spent $50+ at Mission Pipe at our herf a couple weeks ago. Still, I guess I don't like cover charges when I'm buying their cigars.

Anyway, let me know what you decide.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    If you guys go about 2 miles down north main and make a right you'll find Cigar Loft... they have a good selection (not quite as good as Belicosa) and you can smoke there for free...

The giants are back in town on Friday so I can't make it... I could go out there today but not tomorrow...
    hey guys. so lets just stick to casa belicoso. the environment is pretty top choice. i've yet to find a more plush and comfortable place than this. Kevin - i'l be there for a while. they close at midnight. i'll at least be there for like 3-4 hours (planning to get about 2-3 sticks in). Ed - they have a pretty decent selection. Rob (the owner of casa belicoso) really digs DPG. also quite a bit of E&O stuff. pretty good selection overall. Rob - those darn Giants again! haha just kiddin. If you're down, want to check out cigar loft in walnut creek tonight (i've never been)? if so, what's good timing for you? I dont get back to the tri valley area (that's where I live) until around 7:30PM 8PM. Let me know. feel free to PM me too happy almost friday! jiunn
  • SporusSporus Posts: 236
    Hey, Jiunn. I'm planning to be out that way Friday to see some friends, so its a possibility. I also love me some Casa Belicoso. List me as questionable on the injury report.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Wish I could make it guys, but I won't be able to swing it this time.
    you lamers... shawn - let me know if that maybe turns into a hifey E40 fo sho haha
    Jiunn, good chance I can make it, but 5 p.m. is very doubtful. Traffic out to Walnut Creek will be terrible, and I need to get some dinner first.

I won't know my schedule for sure until tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately, I tend to get a lot of last minute work cr@p on Friday. You have my email address, so please feel free to use it.
    edh:
    Jiunn, good chance I can make it, but 5 p.m. is very doubtful. Traffic out to Walnut Creek will be terrible, and I need to get some dinner first.

I won't know my schedule for sure until tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately, I tend to get a lot of last minute work cr@p on Friday. You have my email address, so please feel free to use it.
    hey ed. you got a pm
    Jiunn, PM back atcha.
    Looks like I could reasonably stop by at six and enjoy a stick. You still planning to be there around then?
    Oops, going to have to rescind that prior comment. Just leaving work right now. Not going to be able to make it, some other time, man.
    all good dude. next time!