Home Cigar 101
Options

Did it get too hot??

RianRian Posts: 30
Hey fellows, I need some advice. I had a cigar last night that has always been consistent but from the light all the way to the nub it wasn't a pleasant experience. It tasted ashy and bitter, almost like I got it too hot during the light? And the ash of this brand usually hangs on well over an inch (usually an inch and a half) but it kept falling off every 1/4 inch.

Needless to say it was frustrating. Was it just a dud? Or maybe I got it too hot during the light? The other two cigars from the pack have been great. It's an expensive cigar, so I'm trying to figure out if I actually may have ruined it lol.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    What cigar was it. Sometimes it helps to know more about the brand as A particular brand can have issues exclusive to itself.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    What cigar was it. Sometimes it helps to know more about the brand as A particular brand can have issues exclusive to itself.
    +1. It may have just been a dud. Even expensive cigars can have their duds sometime. It's just the nature of an organic substance made by a human.
  • Options
    Monte white No. 2
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i would guess that it did get to hot.
    if you have moved on to more full bodied cigars as of late you will not get the same feel off of each puff as this milder blend.
    this leads you to smoke faster, burn hotter, and get that unpleasant taste.
    you may have noticed that it was burning faster than they used to as well. if you did then i say we found the answer. if not, then the above posts were probably correct. it may be a dud. it happens to the best cigars. they are a hand made product after all.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    kuzi16:
    i would guess that it did get to hot.
    if you have moved on to more full bodied cigars as of late you will not get the same feel off of each puff as this milder blend.
    this leads you to smoke faster, burn hotter, and get that unpleasant taste.
    you may have noticed that it was burning faster than they used to as well. if you did then i say we found the answer. if not, then the above posts were probably correct. it may be a dud. it happens to the best cigars. they are a hand made product after all.
    Yea I had a Davidoff Millenium be a dud on me. I shoulda just ground the tobacco leafs up and put it in a pipe (sarcasm)
  • Options
    Thanks Kuzi, I do prefer fuller bodied now, so you're probably right. Camacho corojo, MOW, Ave Maria and Cuban montecristos are my favorites.