Home Cigar 101

Xikar butane

big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
Anybody else have problems with their butane, at first I thought it was my lighter but I put some vector butane and it worked great

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I use dodo works fine..
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Not I. It burns fine in both of my lighters.
  • cmartincmartin Posts: 130
    I use it also. No problems with either of my lighters.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I use Xikar only and have for years. i have a few lighters that have never seen anything but Xikar butane and they are still going strong.

how close are you holding the flame? is it a soft flame or a torch? there may be issues depending on the answers to those.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    When I first got the can it worked great as well, but now i don't know what's wrong I got to give it another try and see if it's my lighter or the fluid
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
  • FNAFNA Posts: 55
    "I got to give it another try and see if it's my lighter or the fluid"

There's another option you know.

You say the lighter worked fine after refill with Vector. Not the lighter.

The Xikar fluid worked "great" too. not the fluid.

What's left? It's you. Refill again, follow instructions like purging and setting flow. What the hey.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    kuzi16:
    I use Xikar only and have for years. i have a few lighters that have never seen anything but Xikar butane and they are still going strong.

how close are you holding the flame? is it a soft flame or a torch? there may be issues depending on the answers to those.
    its a torch lighter, the butane didnt work well with 2 lighters i tried refilling, the flame is very low, like i said when i put the vector butane the flame went back to normal
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please let me know where I can get Xikar butane for a good price? I just purchased a Xikar double torch and the flame is not firing right... it'll fire then go off. at times the flames will crack and sparkle. i assume it's perhaps the low quality butane that i'm using (picked it up at some random tobacco shop). Thanks all. Jiunn
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Can someone please let me know where I can get Xikar butane for a good price? I just purchased a Xikar double torch and the flame is not firing right... it'll fire then go off. at times the flames will crack and sparkle. i assume it's perhaps the low quality butane that i'm using (picked it up at some random tobacco shop). Thanks all. Jiunn
    I've had this problem a couple times and purging the lighter has always fixed it. Have you tried that?....from a different thread:
    Garen B:
    the only trick to the butane lighters is to purge the tank when they start getting low. To do that take something pointy (I use a pocket knife) and lightly press on the fuel stem on the bottom until you don't hear any hissing anymore, then fill the sucker up. And buy a torch with a fuel window, it's really helpful and beats the heck out of guessing how much fuel you have left.
    As far as where you can buy Xikar butane - maybe try something like Walmart? We have a midwest chain like them, called Meijer, and I've bought Xikar cans at their store before. Depending on the location, I've seen them carry Xikar and/or Zippo brand.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    jliu:
    I've had this problem a couple times and purging the lighter has always fixed it. Have you tried that?....from a different thread:
    Garen B:
    the only trick to the butane lighters is to purge the tank when they start getting low. To do that take something pointy (I use a pocket knife) and lightly press on the fuel stem on the bottom until you don't hear any hissing anymore, then fill the sucker up. And buy a torch with a fuel window, it's really helpful and beats the heck out of guessing how much fuel you have left.
    As far as where you can buy Xikar butane - maybe try something like Walmart? We have a midwest chain like them, called Meijer, and I've bought Xikar cans at their store before. Depending on the location, I've seen them carry Xikar and/or Zippo brand.
    Thanks dude. I have a Wal-Mart really close to one of my go to BnMs so it'll be easy peasy to swing by (and an excuse to stop by the BnM).