Home General Discussion

What A Pleasent Surprise

I woke up this morning and dug through the tupperdor for a mild smoke to have with my espresso. The mildest I could find was a Rocky Patel World Reserve that's been in there for quite a while. Now, I haven't ever really liked any of the RPs I've had in the past, but bein a newb I'm still developing my palate and am just starting to figure out what I really like and don't. I decided to give it another go. What I found from the start took me by surprise. From the start, I experienced a thick, creamy body with a hint of hazelnut. I thought I tasted coconut toward the middle and it finished strong with a spicy, peppery taste that made my mouth tingle. I was enjoying it so much that I kept smoking it till it got bitter. Total newbie move, but that's how we learn, right? Overall it was a great smoking experience and a perfect way to start the morning. I won't be so quick to discount RP in the future. Just thought I'd share. That is all... Carry on...

Comments

• ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Sounds like a good way to start your day!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like most rp's ive had, some have a few burn problems but the flavors are worth it to me jus to do a few touch up's, like gurkhas, there are a few of those i really like too
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    i like most rp's ive had, some have a few burn problems but the flavors are worth it to me jus to do a few touch up's, like gurkhas, there are a few of those i really like too
    I had a gurkha tonight that was delicious but i had to relight it a couple times. Coulda been that I was on the boat though too!
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Glad you enjoyed it. Was this a corojo or maduro Old world reserve? There are rp's I've enjoyed just some burn and draw issues pop up more frequently than my more trusted brands. I just like to hate on rock and Gurkha because of releasing 10 new lines per day on average between the two. Especially considering what RP pulled with restricting internet deals so b&M's can 'compete. Then why not focus on 5 to 10 national brands and focus on quality and flavor and make them darn tasty. Then people wouldn't care where they purchase from if you don't have so many vendor exclusive line extensions, albeit pretty blah smokes that nobody really searches out with an intent anyway.