Home General Discussion

Met Michael Giannini of La Gloria Cubana

ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
I went to an LGC event at my local B&M yesterday and got to meet Michael Giannini.
I had a great time and actually got to spend about a 1/2 hour talking about cigars and tobacco.
Michael has a great passion for cigars and is warm and engaging. I mentioned my fondness for PA Broadleaf wrapper and he told me that it was funny I should mention that, but that is all he would say.

We discussed the creation of Series "N" and the choice to "bling" the stick with an "N" so if the label was removed it would still be recognizable.
Michael then shared with me the story of his cigars that were never released. The outside of the cigars look like any other dual wrapped cigar. Michael explained that the cigar is actually 2 separate blends that are joined as 1 cigar. The bottom of the stick is a Dominican blend with a Sumatra wrapper and the top is a Nicaraguan blend with a broadleaf wrapper.
The idea behind these is to smoke with a meal and the short Dominican/Sumatra is to compliment an appetizer and then the rest will compliment a hearty meal.
I then brought up the forum and about Alex and The Beard. Michael told me he is actually meeting with Alex next weekend. It was a great time.
I got a box of LGC series "N" and Michael signed it. I also got a print of the art for the Artesanos Retro Especiale and Michael signed it. I got 8 of the never released blend 2 different blends and 2 sizes. I also got an Artesanos Retro Especiale and Michael gave me an extra small never released to smoke there. With the box purchase I got a shirt and a cutter. It was a fantastic time.
In the picture you see the El Credito I bought 2 on Michaels recommendation. The LFD was purchased at the B&M because well it is a LFD DL image

Comments

• bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Thats awesome! Sounds like a good time! Which B&M was this? Next time around we should try and grab Rudy and meet up for a smoke!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Hey Steve, it is The Thunderbird Trading Post in Tacoma.
    May 10 there is an Alec Bradley event @ Smokey Joe's Cigar lounge in Fife from 6-9PM. A mini herf would be great.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing with us John. it is always fun to meet people who works behind the scene of the cigar we smoke. Though I am not a La Gloria Cubana cigar fan but I like Michael. He is a very smart marketing guy with charming personality.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I've met him also. He really really loves his job. So effervescent!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Awesome story John! Sounds like it was a blast.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    very cool! his new sticks are awesome!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    That dude is a trip. Did he have like 10 pounds of jewelry on?
    docbp87:
    Yup in fact he told me he is going to start his own jewelry line of "Bling"
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    John, I just realized that you are from Lakewood. my mother-in-law lives there. I visit her at lest once a year. How far are you from Dekoven dr.?
    ShotgunJohn:
    docbp87:
    May 10? MY BIRTHDAY?! Haha I'm in smokey joes about once a week or more. I'd meet up with ya if I'm not out of town. Now if we can convince Rudy to drive down...
    rzaman:
    John, I just realized that you are from Lakewood. my mother-in-law lives there. I visit her at lest once a year. How far are you from Dekoven dr.?
    ShotgunJohn:
    docbp87:
    2 miles, awesome I see a herf in our future.
    bigfnsteve:
    May 10? MY BIRTHDAY?! Haha I'm in smokey joes about once a week or more. I'd meet up with ya if I'm not out of town. Now if we can convince Rudy to drive down...
    Freaking sweet, sounds like a plan and a good way for you to celebrate your b-day.
    ShotgunJohn:
    bigfnsteve:
    Freaking sweet, sounds like a plan and a good way for you to celebrate your b-day.
    Spam Rudy with invites! Anyway I'll make an attempt to get there early. So I can hored some seats.