Home General Discussion

Passed Exam/smoked a surprise

gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
Hey guys . Wednesday I took the exam for the NC Real Estate Pre-Licensing exam . Friday I got the results - Passed . Wheeew ! My wife is a broker and has has been after me to take the exams needed and she finally won . Next will be the actual state licensing exam . If I pass it will be an option and a man can never have too many options . I still don't know if I want to pursue this or maybe something else ( I have a few business plans ) and own my own business . Decisions decisions .

As a celebration smoke I chose a cigar gifted to me by a former client who is Cuban-American and now lives in Miami . He offered me a choice of cuban cigars from a small humidor he had with him and after taking a look , I chose an unbanded beauty . He grinned and said good choice , you can thank me later . He would not tell me much about it other than it was one of his personal favorites that he picked up each time he returned to Cuba . That was the end of 2009 and it has been resting peacefully since awaiting a time I felt was right to smoke it . Today was that day . Partially because of passing my exam but also because of alot of things that I have seen and gone thru in the past months relating to family and friends and realizing we are never promised a tommorow .

It was one hour and forty five minutes of pure cigar bliss . I'm not good at reviews but it started out with a touch of a hay flavor mixed with leather and pepper . The ash held firm for about 2 inches and then I chose to ash it , it didn't fall . A great peppery spicey smell filled the air with a bit of a charcoal grilled steak smell . The flavors turned pre dominatly pepper/white pepper and spice with a good shot of leather and almost a strong expresso hint weaving in and out . The last third really ramped up the spice and stronger leather taste with a earthiness mixed in with still a hot pepper flavor in and out . It was an awsome smoke and I need to dig thru some files and find my old-new best friends phone number LOL !!!

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on passing your exam and much thanks for sharing your story, brother! Always makes me feel good to see someone succeeding in life. Best of luck with your next exam, as well!
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Congrats on the exam! Good to hear you had the means to properly celebrate. It makes the generosity of this hobby even more fulfilling when you see people who've been through a lot taking some time to stop and smell the roses. If you can get any more info on the cigar, let us know!
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Congrats on the exam, glad you enjoyed your cigar
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the exam.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    CONGRATS MAN!!! thought it read SC at first, got excited that a BOTL could possibly help me in SC finding a place.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations brother! In today's world you can't have too many options. I wish you continued success!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations gmill880.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thanks guys for the congrats and I appreciate your support !
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Congrats Geno. Sounded like a good review to me. Leather, pepper, grilled steak, sign me up.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! My wife took those exams in VA and in FL. I know they are no joke. And I am in the market for a good NC realtor, ;)
    marineatbn03:
    Congrats! My wife took those exams in VA and in FL. I know they are no joke. And I am in the market for a good NC realtor, ;)

Yeah they are crazy exams in N.C. now . As of Jan 1 2012 , over half of the exam is national and the rest is NC specific , some really tricky stuff to keep straight .

Is your wife going to take the NC exam ?

My wife loves it , cant get enough , I guess thats why she has been successful at it . She even watches the real estate programs on TV - House Hunters and all that . I enjoy the House Hunters International , like to see what prices are like and what your money buys in other countries , interesting .

I'm in Hickory NC , thats about 60 miles maybe NW of Charlotte NC . Let me know if you ever come thru this way , maybe we can share a drink and a cigar . What part of NC are you looking for a house in ? Gene
    I don't think she is planning on taking the exam in NC. She was doing real estate when the market tanked in '05-06. We live in Pinehurst, but are looking at possibly moving to Charlotte after the first of the year. So, I am not all that far from you, a couple of hours I would guess. I would be down for a drink and a cigar.
    marineatbn03:
    I don't think she is planning on taking the exam in NC. She was doing real estate when the market tanked in '05-06. We live in Pinehurst, but are looking at possibly moving to Charlotte after the first of the year. So, I am not all that far from you, a couple of hours I would guess. I would be down for a drink and a cigar.

Thats great . Charlotte for me is about an hour since the opened up a straight shot almost down US Hwy 321 .
    Found a 6,000 sqft house in Charlotte I want. Then I can have a humidor room!!
    Amen brother , I hear ya . That would be a REAL MANCAVE !
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    ///with only 6000 ft2 are you sure you didn't mean a room with a humidor....seriously, that might allow for a humidified floor :) ps. congrats on the exam, sounds like it will be an exciting new adventure
    bearb:
    marineatbn03:
    ///with only 6000 ft2 are you sure you didn't mean a room with a humidor....seriously, that might allow for a humidified floor :) ps. congrats on the exam, sounds like it will be an exciting new adventure
    True enough, who needs an in-law suite anyways?