Home General Discussion

A. Fuente Anejo Res. #55 Maduro considered an infused cigar?

jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
Hi Guys. Is the A. Fuente Anejo Res. #55 Maduro considered an infused cigar (I'm referencing to CCOM's Daily Deal #1 that looks to be sold out already). Based on the description, it looks to be aged in cognac barrels. I ask mainly for humidor placement.

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    The wrapper is aged in cognac barrels but the cigar is not infused. Instead of aging let's say in Cedar this was done in a different barrel.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I have not seen them designated as infused and I would not consider them infused. I have never heard of anyone storing these seperately like you would an Acid or anything either. To me calling these infused would be like saying that a cigar aged in cedar boxes in cedar infused.

You are not likely to taste the cognac it just gives it a nice sweetness. Its nothing like the Gurkha Cognac infused cigars.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Just wanted to ensure I don't make another one of those Acid mistakes haha. Thanks guys!
    jliu:
    Cool. Just wanted to ensure I don't make another one of those Acid mistakes haha. Thanks guys!
    Personally, I would never call this cigar a mistake but that's just my opinion. I try to buy a box of there every year.
  • SporusSporus Posts: 236
    rwheelwright:
    jliu:
    Personally, I would never call this cigar a mistake but that's just my opinion. I try to buy a box of there every year.
    I think he was referring to the mistake of keeping Acids in the same humi as his other sticks, not calling Acid, the cigar, a mistake.
    Sporus:
    rwheelwright:
    jliu:
    I think he was referring to the mistake of keeping Acids in the same humi as his other sticks, not calling Acid, the cigar, a mistake.
    I know, my attempt at making a joke didn't come across to well. Sorry if I offended anyone. That's the hard part aout writing something and not being able to see the writers true intent. ;-)
  • SporusSporus Posts: 236
    rwheelwright:
    Sporus:
    rwheelwright:
    jliu:
    I know, my attempt at making a joke didn't come across to well. Sorry if I offended anyone. That's the hard part aout writing something and not being able to see the writers true intent. ;-)
    Ah, I'm as guilty as anyone of that.
    hahah. more the reason to herf together! but yea, I'm typically pretty sarcastic. some just think I'm a jerk haha.
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    jliu:
    Whatever do you mean? Acid makes the best cigar out there. Aren't cigars supposed to taste like Kool-Aid?
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    jliu:
    Hi Guys. Is the A. Fuente Anejo Res. #55 Maduro considered an infused cigar (I'm referencing to CCOM's Daily Deal #1 that looks to be sold out already). Based on the description, it looks to be aged in cognac barrels. I ask mainly for humidor placement.
    fuente anejos are infused with pure awesomeness.

so i suggest you buy a 100 cout humi and fill it with anejos
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    They are infused. Send them to me immediately. You will hate them...... Wink [;)]
    415:
    jliu:
    fuente anejos are infused with pure awesomeness.

so i suggest you buy a 100 cout humi and fill it with anejos
    haha dude. if I ever get that kind of dough, I will for sure do that. for now, the three that I picked up will have to do. dangit, shoulda gotten more huh? oh well. there will be other opps.
    dennisking:
    They are infused. Send them to me immediately. You will hate them...... Wink [;)]
    they are?! phew, it's a good thing I put them next to my tabaks and juicy lucys hahah. man, this measly 3 pickup makes me smile.
    Streater:
    jliu:
    Whatever do you mean? Acid makes the best cigar out there. Aren't cigars supposed to taste like Kool-Aid?
    whoa whoa lookie this. someone that is more of a noob than me! score. hahah jk dude. welcome to the forums. don't you be knockin on Kool-Aid. that's how I got fat.