Home Non Cigar Related

Bought a Ring

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
Bought an Engagement ring today... Oh man...

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Awesome news Lassy!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Awesome news Lassy!
    I also learned that a little piece of rock takes about 9 days to get put into 4 tines of metal... now I'm on the waiting game.

I only wish that the beard did engagement rings as well, then I could just email what I wanted and know to get the best price....
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Lasabar:
    Hayblet:
    Awesome news Lassy!
    I also learned that a little piece of rock takes about 9 days to get put into 4 tines of metal... now I'm on the waiting game.

I only wish that the beard did engagement rings as well, then I could just email what I wanted and know to get the best price....
    CONGRATULATIONS Lassie !

WAIT A MINUTE! You do mean an engagement ring for your girl and not one of those other rings right? LOL
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Miller Beer for everyone woot woot woot . Congratulations Lassie !!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Well, congratulation Lassie. It's about time.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Congrats!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations.....
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Congrats Lassy, thats really good news man.
  • jailhousejailhouse Posts: 137
    congrats
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, brother!!
  • KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    This is a sad, sad day for this man... his days are numbered!!!

just kidding, congrats dude. Huge step.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Congrats in advance Lassie!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I read the title I thought, what the hell is going on with Lassy, doesn't he know those come free with the six pack of Miller Lite cans?

Congrats Lassy. Now make sure you proceed with caution, LOL. I piece of advice I can give you, make sure, if you do nothing else, go do all the wedding cake tasting. It is a proven fact, that MOST wedding cake, causes severe LOCKJAW. Unfortunately, I found out too late.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    bandyt09:
    When I read the title I thought, what the hell is going on with Lassy, doesn't he know those come free with the six pack of Miller Lite cans?

Congrats Lassy. Now make sure you proceed with caution, LOL. I piece of advice I can give you, make sure, if you do nothing else, go do all the wedding cake tasting. It is a proven fact, that MOST wedding cake, causes severe LOCKJAW. Unfortunately, I found out too late.
    ... AND wedding cake has been scientifically proven to reduce a woman's sex drive by 96%/ Buyer beware. :-)

Congrats Lassie, good news is always well appreciated around here. Question - did you pop the question yet?

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations. Reminds of that REM song..."it's the end of the world as we know it.." Best wishes for you both.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Congrats!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Congrats brother!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Nice knowin ya. Keep us posted on the date. Wedding gifts will be in order
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Congratulation!!! I enjoyed this moment 12 years ago and still remember that beautiful moment.
    Lasabar:
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Congrats sir. It will be an awesome anxiety filled day. Take it all in.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Lasabar:
    Hayblet:
    Awesome news Lassy!

CONGRATULATIONS Lassie !

WAIT A MINUTE! You do mean an engagement ring for your girl and not one of those other rings right? LOL
    ON RING TO RULE THEM ALL!!!

congrats lassy
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    This is soo unlassie-like. Will he give up miller lite next? The world changes too fast. Congrats dude. Welcome to the battle of the sexes.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the support and horror stories!

If wedding cake causes lock-jaw then my drywall must have been speckled with it!

Due to some work constraints she is actually being "forced" to take a week off to not lose hours, so May 13th-17th she will be going up north to her parents cabin, I'm going to request off the same dates and surprise her up there with the ring and then enjoy a few days of R&R and shooting guns and drinking away my feelings of regret!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Lasabar:
    Thanks for all the support and horror stories!

If wedding cake causes lock-jaw then my drywall must have been speckled with it!

Due to some work constraints she is actually being "forced" to take a week off to not lose hours, so May 13th-17th she will be going up north to her parents cabin, I'm going to request off the same dates and surprise her up there with the ring and then enjoy a few days of R&R and shooting guns and drinking away my feelings of regret!

You damn well better not let her see any feelings of regret ... Lets see ... isolated cabin + Drinking + guns ... maybe you should send a few people the address in case we don't hear from you for awhile so we can tell the authorities where to look !!!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Contracts lassie!
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations good luck with the planning the big day, she got her way in most decisions even the wedding song I wanted highway to hell.,,good luck bro
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And another bachelor bites the dust. Congrats brother!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    The poor girl. How have u managed to keep her in the dark long enough to think she may say yes to this?
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Lasabar:
    When it's right, you know it! Congratulations...Unfortunately that feeling lasts in only 45% of marriages... lol... :-) no worries, you'll do fine!