Home Non Cigar Related

Comments

• smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Dude Love:
    It's a proven mathematical fact that the addition of bacon to any food increases the awesome factor by at least 20.
    Researchers also found a complex chemical interaction in the cooking of bacon produces the winning combination of taste and smell which is almost irresistible.
    I thought it was a joke, but you were really right. I mean I loves me some bacon, but that is actually a scientific fact...wow!
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    mmmm.......BACON
  • "You can wrap anything in bacon, and I would eat it." -Ted Allen

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds in green vegetables smelled like bacon." -Doug Larson Distance runner who won several gold medals at the 1924 Olympic Games.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    These Filthy Hands:
    "You can wrap anything in bacon, and I would eat it." -Ted Allen

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds in green vegetables smelled like bacon." -Doug Larson Distance runner who won several gold medals at the 1924 Olympic Games.

I sure as he-ll wouldn't go that far
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I can't decide who loves bacon more, dude love or bacon jay. I think maybe jay, if dude really loved it that much, he would have made it part of his name.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    I can't decide who loves bacon more, dude love or bacon jay. I think maybe jay, if dude really loved it that much, he would have made it part of his name.
    Yeah Luko ( on the second floor) his name should be .. Dude Love(s) BACON.. And Jay Has A happy face breakfast with bacon... He wins !
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    Yeah Luko ( on the second floor) his name should be .. Dude Love(s) BACON.. And Jay Has A happy face breakfast with bacon... He wins !
    I think Jay wins hands down. However, wasn't it Dude who posted a link to some type of BBQ bacon log?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Jdorais:
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    I think Jay wins hands down. However, wasn't it Dude who posted a link to some type of BBQ bacon log?
    Yeah Dude Love(s) bacon posted a thread called Bacon Soaked Death a while ago .. I think it's in the Non-Cigar Related thread if I find it I'll wake it up..
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Jdorais:
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    Yeah Dude Love(s) bacon posted a thread called Bacon Soaked Death a while ago .. I think it's in the Non-Cigar Related thread if I find it I'll wake it up..

i do. i do. i do.

i even legally changed my last name to bacon. I'll even post a pic of my drivers license if you guys don't believe me.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    These Filthy Hands:
    ted allen rules.

again, i would like to bring up chocolate covered bacon.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    kuzi16:
    These Filthy Hands:
    ted allen rules.

You're welcome to come to my kitchen and make it anytime.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    bacon.jay:
    kaspera79:
    Jdorais:
    kaspera79:
    Luko:

i do. i do. i do.

i even legally changed my last name to bacon. I'll even post a pic of my drivers license if you guys don't believe me.

PICS!
    HAHA!! no, but seriously... I didn't change my name, however, it IS really Bacon. it just always has been.

My proof
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    holly cow that's cool... though posting your drivers license online is ballzy.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    YES! That's awesome!
    phobicsquirrel:
    holly cow that's cool... though posting your drivers license online is ballzy.

yeah, i realized that i probably should have fuzzed out the number and everything in retrospect, but i wasn't too worried since i don't have my SSN on my card.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    cholmes8310:
    you are my hero!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Long Live the BACON WEAVE!!!
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    "I would like my bacon crispy with a side of eggs, thank you."
  • DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Posts: 58
    I hate you all... I am sitting here at work all content that it's a slow rainy day and then I just had to open this thread and now I'm flipping starving!!! mmmmm bacon...
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    HAHA!! no, but seriously... I didn't change my name, however, it IS really Bacon. it just always has been.

My proof
    Ah-ha! So you didn't actually change, you may not love bacon more than I do. I hadn't challenged you because I thought you literally changed your name to bacon due to your love of the thinly sliced pig flesh. That is obviously not the case now, so I submit a true story:

During a 13 month rotation to Afghanistan, we were on a very small FOB, FOB Shkin. We had one cook, and for meals (breakfast and supper, no hot lunches) he would put out the big silver pans full of food, it was basically buffet style. So, almost every day (trying to stay away from exageration here, but on the low side, at least 90% of the mornings there) I ate one-two bacon bagels. I ran a couple of bagels through the conveyor belt toaster and stacked them with bacon. I ate, on average, anywhere from 1/2 to a full pound of bacon every morning and never got tired of it.

Oh, and a side note, when I got back from Afghanistan, I had to have a physical. My cholesterol levels were fine.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Yeah but prolonged bacon consumption like that would lead to heart problems. Bacon might not be the best thing for your health but some bacon once or so a week won't kill you. I personally feel if the bacon is fresh and not tampered with as with the eggs then a person would be fine. It's all the damn hormones and chemicals and health of the animals used. Either way I really love bacon especially peppered. Here's to bacon!
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    best. article. ever.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    *Ahem* I present, the Bacon Weave - cures gout, hiccups, coughs, pox, cholera, and anything else on God's green earth that gets ya down. Yes Gentlemen, the Bacon Weave will cure what ails ya!!

^^^^^ that's the stuff of a fat kid's wet dreams! hahaahaha!!!!
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    kuzi16:
    These Filthy Hands:
    ted allen rules.

Chocolate covered bacon???!!!??? That gave me a stomach ache just reading it kuz! LMAO!!!

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    xmacro:
    *Ahem* I present, the Bacon Weave - cures gout, hiccups, coughs, pox, cholera, and anything else on God's green earth that gets ya down. Yes Gentlemen, the Bacon Weave will cure what ails ya!!

Sweet mother Of JESUS .........I am Making one of these In the Morning! Hell with Fat Kids Dreaming (well Im a Fat kid) Im dreaming of it!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    gdsim1:
    kuzi16:
    These Filthy Hands:
    ted allen rules.

Chocolate covered bacon???!!!??? That gave me a stomach ache just reading it kuz! LMAO!!!

Although I think Ted Allen is rather clever and funny, Chopped Sucks!
    Totally a poor mans top chef without any drama or suspense.

Ahem, found this a minute ago for anyone interested and in the Chicago area... info came from stogieguys.com.

"Chocolate-infused bacon. Vosges, a Chicago-based purveyor of sweet treats, carries a line of yummies that combine chocolate and applewood smoked bacon (pictured). From chocolate bars and toffees to a pancake mix and a flying pig, these delicacies are a manly take on a traditional Valentine’s day gift. Prices range from $2.50 to $62."