Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Disapointment

I've really been looking foward to smoking this cigar the Drew Estates Liga Privada, and this cigar was a dude, I have to keep reliting it and when I got half way thru with alittle frustration it just  litterly died, couldn't draw any more, I just put the cigar in the ashtray and let it die out which didn't take long....these cigars arn't cheap and I have a few more left in the humi. hopefully this was just one bad apple...we'll see if the others redeem themselves, I'll give a good review..if they prove themselves

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    What RH do you keep your humidor at? I had a cigar a couple days ago that came out of my overflow gladware container, and I've got the humidity a little too high and this dramatically effected the burn of the cigar. I keep my regular humidor at 67% and the cigars generally burn like a dream for me, I think this one was a little closer to 72%. I had a point in there somewhere...ahh yes, if you are at 70% or thereabouts, you may try moving the cigar to a location where it can let off some excess humidity for a bit, then try smoking it and see if this helps at all. In my opinion, there are few things worse than a good cigar that you can't smoke.

Joe
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    j0z3r:
    What RH do you keep your humidor at? I had a cigar a couple days ago that came out of my overflow gladware container, and I've got the humidity a little too high and this dramatically effected the burn of the cigar. I keep my regular humidor at 67% and the cigars generally burn like a dream for me, I think this one was a little closer to 72%. I had a point in there somewhere...ahh yes, if you are at 70% or thereabouts, you may try moving the cigar to a location where it can let off some excess humidity for a bit, then try smoking it and see if this helps at all. In my opinion, there are few things worse than a good cigar that you can't smoke.

Joe
    Your so right, my humi. is running inbetween 68 and 72, I hope thats not the cause, I'll give it alittle time in a dryer humi.
  • Options
    mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    the excessive humi is no joke. I had a few of my sticks (ones I had never had a problem with) start burning all jacked up. Then one day it hit me, they are all next to the humidification wand. It was only one side of the stick to that wouldnt burn. Well needless to say, I rotate them a bit now. Now, I put the sticks I am getting ready to smoke in a lower RH humi a couple days. Then they even out before I smoke them. Note: Its a good use for the 20 capacity I wasnt using anymore.

Am I smoking something other than Cigars here guys????, has anyone else had this same problem?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i used to but i keep my humi now at 65% and the way its set up no sticks are directly in front of the humidification device.