Home Ratings & Reviews

oliva conectticut reserve torpedo

Beautiful, unpackaging aroma reminded me of espresso cream. Flawless construction. Cap taste was intoxicating so many oily textures creams and nuts. Prelight draw more nuts and cream something else that I couldn't place but it was sweet on the tounge. Light perfect (I only use sulphor free matches). 1st third had more cream and entire mouth coating long finish of cedar. 2nd 3rd more of the cream and cedar hints of pastachios and light woody flavors on finish. Last 3rd-to nub plethora of creams and caramel finish. No harshness 1hr 20 mins at nub. One of the best cigars I've ever smoked more on the medium side of mild body. Burn was outstanding razor to the end. Draw required no effort but was not "loose". Volumes of smoke with a very pleasing aroma found frequently in brands like ACID to me anyway. Get a chance get a couple the tubo toros are just as great. Rated a 92 would have gone higher if had some complexity but what was there made up for it. Enjoy guys!

Comments

• Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Thanks for sharing. If you liked this but are looking for "something more", try the Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Connie. An absolute flavor bomb with more complexity than a Connie should have. Downside-Price.
  • Steve2010:
    Thanks for sharing. If you liked this but are looking for "something more", try the Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Connie. An absolute flavor bomb with more complexity than a Connie should have. Downside-Price.
    Ya 17-22 dollars is a little rich for my blood when I can get the oliva's for 5 for a lonsdale or 6.5 for a torpedo. But trust me for the price of the olivas if you are a connie fan pick up a buck light up and enjoy. Something I forgot to add in the review was how beautiful the color of the wrap was. My best description is bleach blonde. Just amazing all around. But thanks for the recommendation I will have to pick one up when I've got the cash
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Yea the Oliva is a great smoke, one of my fav connies.
  • The Kid:
    Yea the Oliva is a great smoke, one of my fav connies.
    Agreed.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I have always wanted to try one of these along with the RP conny. I might have to pick one up sometime. Actully i just need to get an olivia sampler.
  • Imgembo:
    I have always wanted to try one of these along with the RP conny. I might have to pick one up sometime. Actully i just need to get an olivia sampler.
    Their.. serie g cameroon one is great their connie reserves are hands down best connie I've had to date. My buddies go to cigar is their serie g maduro. So all in all great brand and good prices. Can't go wrong