Home Cigar 101

MOW Armada

oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
So, my brother and I both had our first Armada's last night. It was one of the best smokes I've ever had...on all counts. The flavor was complex and there were a few subtle changes throughout the stick that really kept my interest. Coffee, black pepper, sweetness, leather, earthiness. Flawless burn for the nearly 3 hours we were out there, and the smoke output was fantastic. Not sure why I waited so long to try one of these, and I am not sure if Ill be able to prevent myself from buying more.

I haven't really seen too much talk about them on the forum (although I am sure it has been discussed), but is this pretty much a ubiquitously loved cigar by the ccom forum?

Comments

• oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Also, I thought I was in the Reviews section, not the 101 section. Oops.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Lots of people around here really like it. However; I am not one of them. There's an older thread in the review section that's pretty long and covers it. I think it's in the review section at least.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I love them. They stack up favorably to any stick I've ever tried! I get a cherry vanilla flavor from them that just blows me away.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had one yet. I do got one sitting in the humi. But there's been lots written up on them they are quite popular. I think people are smoking them less since they are soon to be no more.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Love them; only super-premium I bought a box of (so far, anyway). If you want a box, better get it quick; the leaves for the first batch are used up, and no one knows if next years crop will measure up
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Box or humidor quality chest? The first release came with a chest. I've been aging a chest of 32 since last year.
    xmacro:
    Love them; only super-premium I bought a box of (so far, anyway). If you want a box, better get it quick; the leaves for the first batch are used up, and no one knows if next years crop will measure up
  • GreenMachineGreenMachine Posts: 483
    Sounds like a fantastic stick!!!!!! I'll have to try one some day!!!!!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    GreenMachine:
    its one of my top 10 cigars of all time.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    rzaman:
    Box or humidor quality chest? The first release came with a chest. I've been aging a chest of 32 since last year.
    xmacro:
    Neither; Beard hooked me up with a (decent, not really all that special) deal for a boxless set of 32
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Rhamlin:
    Never had one yet. I do got one sitting in the humi. But there's been lots written up on them they are quite popular. I think people are smoking them less since they are soon to be no more.
    They are soon to be no more?????
    scarlin:
    Rhamlin:
    They are soon to be no more?????
    yup. that vintage wrapper leaf has run out. they are no longer producing them. CLICK

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I thoroughly enjoyed two, then I sent the remainders out so others could experience them for themselves. Great cigars.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I just counted. I have about 32 regular toro grande and 3 of the bbmf shapped ones. Didn't count the coronas.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    I just counted. I have about 32 regular toro grande and 3 of the bbmf shapped ones. Didn't count the coronas.
    bbmf shaped ones?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Yeah, BBMF is the name of a Fuente Opus X (Big Bad Mother F#cker). The Man O War Ltd. Ed. Perfecto Sampler is what I was talking about but couldn't think of the name at the time. Very similar shape to the BBMF
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Yeah, BBMF is the name of a Fuente Opus X (Big Bad Mother F#cker). The Man O War Ltd. Ed. Perfecto Sampler is what I was talking about but couldn't think of the name at the time. Very similar shape to the BBMF
    Ohhhhh right, got it. I have one of those too, but completely forgot about it.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Ken Light:
    rwheelwright:
    Ohhhhh right, got it. I have one of those too, but completely forgot about it.
    I went a little crazy and bought 4 of those boxes. I got 3 of each left.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    This thread makes me sad. Mr. Svenson please give me good news please.
    scarlin:
    This thread makes me sad. Mr. Svenson please give me good news please.
    Don't be sad. They still have them in stock!
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    The regular production size was pretty good but I preferred the corona. Anyone know if the coronas are still avalible?
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Anyone try the box pressed Armada??
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Yep, Awesome like the others. In my experience the Corona is a little more med-full in flavor. The Toro is medium but with more complexity. The profile of the box press is in between the other two and very smooth.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Kuzi, have you reviewed this cigar? I would like to read that because you seem like it very much. I smoked couple long time ago and have a chest of 32. I don't know why I do not smoke them anymore. It got 1+ year age on it in my possession already.
    kuzi16:
    GreenMachine:
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Kuzi, have you reviewed this cigar? I would like to read that because you seem like it very much. I smoked couple long time ago and have a chest of 32. I don't know why I do not smoke them anymore. It got 1+ year age on it in my possession already.
    kuzi16:
    GreenMachine:
    yes he did...back when he done it though it appear to be labeled The Alex Svenson’s Personal Blend! Page 34 of Kuzi's cigar catalog...wonder if we can get anymore labeled like this, if so I'm in!

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/34/3740/ShowThread.aspx

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The Armada was an awesome special occasion cigar. Sadly they are out of my price range but I did get to try one and was blown away by everything about it including the strength. I smoked that thing for 2 plus hours and finally put it down just before I went blind!
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I wish I had grabbed some of the Coronas when they were available. Many people just don't have the time to smoke the Toro Grande (myself included) but love the blend. I know I SHOULD have bought 20 of the coronas.
    blurr:
    I wish I had grabbed some of the Coronas when they were available. Many people just don't have the time to smoke the Toro Grande (myself included) but love the blend. I know I SHOULD have bought 20 of the coronas.
    According to the website they still have coronas available. Stock up!
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I love both armadas, and am sad that they are going to be discontinued. Gotta stock up before they are gone.
    CvilleE:
    rzaman:
    kuzi16:
    GreenMachine:
    yes he did...back when he done it though it appear to be labeled The Alex Svenson’s Personal Blend! Page 34 of Kuzi's cigar catalog...wonder if we can get anymore labeled like this, if so I'm in!

i have maybe one from the 5 that i got with that label on it. ill see if i can get a pic up of it

edit: actually... there is a pic. here is a link to the page: CLICK

kuzi16:
    CvilleE:
    rzaman:
    kuzi16:
    GreenMachine:

i have maybe one from the 5 that i got with that label on it. ill see if i can get a pic up of it

edit: actually... there is a pic. here is a link to the page: CLICK

I think you need to give it to me. ;-)