Home Ratings & Reviews

Full Body cigar with strong Peanut Butter aroma?

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
I was reading some of kuzi's palate thread and I remembered something that i've been meaning to ask the forum at large...

I had a good friend about a year ago that smoked a cigar he brought with him to a party that was a fairly large ring-guage cigar, perhaps something between a 52 and 58, and I'm pretty sure that it was a torpedo. It had a VERY strong aroma of peanut butter, with undertones of leather and earth. The pull i had off of it, if i remember correctly, had little to no spice, but was very full bodied with really nice thick smoke. The wrapper looked a little like a darker connecticut or a cameroon or habano shade.

I can't remember what cigar it was, and I never thought to ask my friend at the time what it was. The label was fairly large, had gold embossing, and green to dark green, with some red in it. Anybody have any idea what this might have been?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i dont know THAT cigar but many around here will tell you that the Gurkha Turk has a good peanut butter smell/taste to it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    yeah, that could be close to what I got from the turk.. mmmm, now I want one... stupid work!
  • kent1146kent1146 Posts: 86
    If you could find a cigar with a nice fruity aroma, like strawberry jam, and smoke them together, then you'd have yourself a KILLER fusion blend!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    ..........I likeee toast and jammmm.......
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Ooohhh...if we could get some chocolate in there it would be like a full body reeses cup. Ho, yumm!!!

The special jamaicans have a big, green label with gold embossing but aren't full or peanut buttery.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    i'll have to check out the turk then. I've been wanting to try them for a while now, but i'm out of space in my humi :(
    well get another one silly...
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    but i'm out of space in my humi :(

LOL.....Welcome to the CCOM forum :)!
    phobicsquirrel:
    well get another one silly...

i'm trying to hold out for some time when i can get together with my old high school shop teacher and use the school's shop to build a cabinet humidor. I was thinking two doors under either a single or double drawer, depending on how wide it is.

I really don't want to get another desktop humidor, but i guess if it comes to that then i won't have a choice.
    good luck making one. I hear it's quite difficult. Just make sure to use Spanish cedar.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    bacon.jay:
    I was reading some of kuzi's palate thread and I remembered something that i've been meaning to ask the forum at large...

I had a good friend about a year ago that smoked a cigar he brought with him to a party that was a fairly large ring-guage cigar, perhaps something between a 52 and 58, and I'm pretty sure that it was a torpedo. It had a VERY strong aroma of peanut butter, with undertones of leather and earth. The pull i had off of it, if i remember correctly, had little to no spice, but was very full bodied with really nice thick smoke. The wrapper looked a little like a darker connecticut or a cameroon or habano shade.

I can't remember what cigar it was, and I never thought to ask my friend at the time what it was. The label was fairly large, had gold embossing, and green to dark green, with some red in it. Anybody have any idea what this might have been?

You were not anywhere close to Paris Hilton were you, I heard she spreads like peanu .......errrr never mind
    gmill880:
    bacon.jay:

You were not anywhere close to Paris Hilton were you, I heard she spreads like peanu .......errrr never mind

she prolly spreads more like strawberry jam. sticky and chunky.
    phobicsquirrel:
    good luck making one. I hear it's quite difficult. Just make sure to use Spanish cedar.

Well, i figure with how well the woodshop is outfitted i won't have any problems. three modified delta unisaws, 24"grizzly industrial surface planer, 37" grizzly industrial widebelt sander, resawing bandsaw, full dust collection system, dedicated finishing room, etc etc. hell, they even have a 3-axis Brigdeport CNC milling machine. i was pretty lucky to grow up working in a shop like it.

All i gotta do now is figure out where i can get rough-cut spanish cedar. the only thing i've seen online is presurfaced.
    well be sure to post pics when you get going with it....
    I will defiinitely get pics of this bad boy up once i get the ball rolling.