Home Ratings & Reviews

LP 40

Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
So I lit up my first one in the parking lot at Cigarfest and all I can say is wow. I have had a few previously but this was the best one. It was my first Lancero and now I know what the big deal is. I have had the dirty rat before but the lp40 had more kick. The minute I lit this cigar I was hit with a rich of cocoa with tons of spice. It smoothed out a little but stayed pretty spicey. The burn line was perfect and didn't need much of a touch up. I really enjoyed this cigar the flavor was pretty consistent but was perfect . It had the cocoa flavor you get with most maduros but with a stronger profile. Photobucket

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Good to see you enjoyed it. I don't know if it's me or the cigars, but the whole Liga line does just about nothing for me. I think the most enjoyment I've gotten from a Liga came from a 3 year-old No. 9 toro, was very impressed.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Good to see you enjoyed it. I don't know if it's me or the cigars, but the whole Liga line does just about nothing for me. I think the most enjoyment I've gotten from a Liga came from a 3 year-old No. 9 toro, was very impressed.
    I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't do a whole bunch for ya, but I am glad that you at least had a good experience with a well aged No. 9..... PM to you Joe.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I can't comment on the 40, but the 9's I've had and the Undercrown(which I know has no comparative ability to the 9..), I thoroughly enjoyed. Rich cocoa and chocolate, just the right amount of pepper and spice and the sweet finish you expec from a good Maduro.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Been looking for a LP40 since they came out last year, glad you enjoyed it
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Joe, the L40 you gifted me awhile back was the reason why I'm on this Lancero buzz.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Well I will admit I got a few ligas from jhewey and the 3 I had were good but the wow factor was not there. That is until the lp40 it's by far my favorite I do have a feral pig left and will try that soon. j hewey is the man for sending me the last one he had. Hes a great Botl as we all know but his generosity is of no equal especially with the PIF package he sent me.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    The L40 is one of my favorite Liga Privadas. I prefer them to pretty much anything. I will never taste an aged one, though... I bought a box about a month ago (15 per box) and after the one I am about to fire up, I will have I think 6 left... I know I'll never have another box, I just can't stop smoking them.
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    Joe, the L40 you gifted me awhile back was the reason why I'm on this Lancero buzz.
    Awesome, glad to hear it. The next time we get together for a herf I'll try to remember to bring along a couple of my favorite lanceros for you.
    j0z3r:
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    Awesome, glad to hear it. The next time we get together for a herf I'll try to remember to bring along a couple of my favorite lanceros for you.
    sweet. Thanks Joe. BTW, did you ever get around to smoking those Filipino cigars? What did you think? ( You can be honest, I won't be offended lol. I actually thought that the Don Juan Urquijo tasted like Pinesol and cardboard lol)
    I had another one of these today and it was baaaaaaad. I've had 2 before and they were spectacular. This one I had today though was awful. I ash was black and the smoke tasted spoiled. I tried snipping it and starting over but same result. What a waste of a beautiful Lancero.
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    sweet. Thanks Joe. BTW, did you ever get around to smoking those Filipino cigars? What did you think? ( You can be honest, I won't be offended lol. I actually thought that the Don Juan Urquijo tasted like Pinesol and cardboard lol)
    I was just thinking about those today. No I haven't tried them yet, will have to keep them in mind.