Home Ratings & Reviews

Room 101 San Andres

MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
I have gone through several pages looking for any reviews or thoughts on this cigar and don't see any. So I was wondering if anyone here has tried this one yet and if you have any thoughts on it.

Comments

• BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Mike, Tried one this weekend. In my estimation more similar to the Namakubi than the regular 101. It was smooth and creamy with hint of meidum spice. I enjoyed it and will be purchasing some more.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Bombay:
    Mike, Tried one this weekend. In my estimation more similar to the Namakubi than the regular 101. It was smooth and creamy with hint of meidum spice. I enjoyed it and will be purchasing some more.
    Thanks for the input, sounds tasty gonna have to burn one tomorrow.

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    try that tat. i sent, smoking one now and very much liking it
    jj20030:
    Nope not yet, gonna let it rest a few days. However I do plan on smoking the new Fonseca 120th Anniversary tonight

• robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    i'd love to review them but don't have any on hand as of yet... Should have my OSOK review up tonight though...
    robbyras:
    i'd love to review them but don't have any on hand as of yet... Should have my OSOK review up tonight though...
    I would love to read a review on these by you. can you wait a couple weeks till I place my next monthly cigar order? I will send you a couple along with some others I think you would enjoy reviewing

• y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I got one at Cigarfest. I'll let you know what I think when I get around to smoking it.
    y2pascoe:
    I got one at Cigarfest. I'll let you know what I think when I get around to smoking it.
    I appreciate that Mike

• robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    MTuccelli:
    robbyras:
    I would love to read a review on these by you. can you wait a couple weeks till I place my next monthly cigar order? I will send you a couple along with some others I think you would enjoy reviewing

you, my friend, are too generous... I was looking through mt Humi the other day and found one last Alec Bradley that irish and I were supposed to review and never got around to...I appreciate it Mike, but you don't need to do that... I'm out of OSOK's so I may place an order for some of them and add some SA's to it...
    robbyras:
    MTuccelli:
    robbyras:

you, my friend, are too generous... I was looking through mt Humi the other day and found one last Alec Bradley that irish and I were supposed to review and never got around to...I appreciate it Mike, but you don't need to do that... I'm out of OSOK's so I may place an order for some of them and add some SA's to it...
    It's up to you Rob just let me know, I have no problem sending you sticks to review

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    jj20030:
    Nope not yet, gonna let it rest a few days. However I do plan on smoking the new Fonseca 120th Anniversary tonight

let me know, i kinda thought it fell short for me of what i was expecting when i tried one, love the fonseca vintage though
    jj20030:
    MTuccelli:
    jj20030:

let me know, i kinda thought it fell short for me of what i was expecting when i tried one, love the fonseca vintage though
    What were you expecting from it? The Fonseca Vintage is OK have you had the Fonseca 120th Anniversary yet?

• y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I had the 101 SA Maduro last night in a robusto size. I felt the first third to almost half to be very bitter. The second half however really openned up and and the flavor totally took a 180. Almost what I would call a cinnamon taste to the finish. Hope that helps.
  • CmdioCmdio Posts: 9
    I tried one on Friday at my B&M. I was excited about it and was waiting for them to come in. I like all of their line, and had high hopes. That being said, I was somewhat unimpressed. It was good, but I thought I would totally love it. The first 1/3 didn't do really anything for me other than the spice which I really liked in the first few draws. Into the second third it began to develop a bit for me, and I got about 5-7 puffs which I thought were amazing. These were interspersed with some "meh" draws. I don't recall things changing much in the last third, so I probably had the same few good puffs in between being a bit bored. I had already had a cigar before this one, and likely something pretty strong although I can't remember what it was. So I blame my palate not being fresh. I picked up 2 more and will give them a shot on a fresh palate. Despite my somewhat negative review, I still feel it is a solid stick for the price.
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I smoked a 5x50 as soon as the B+M put them on the shelves. It was a great little stick. Burn time was probably just over an hour to an hour and half. I have a few more resting and can probably do a more complete review next time I smoke one. I didn't have any of the issues that you guys have mentioned. It was a smooth smoke the entire way with a nice razor burn. I nubbed the thing until my fingers almost lit on fire. IMHO I would give them another shot. Maybe change the vitola?