Home Ratings & Reviews

For Those That Have Smoked The Casillas Governador

MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
For the brothers that I turned on to the Casillas Governador I got some bad news and some good news. First the bad news, while I was down there yesterday herfing with Dean Martin the owner told me that some asscrack sat on the mold for the Governador and broke it. On top of that they ran out of the original wrapper they were using for it

So the bad news is the Governador is now no longer 8 inches and is now 7 inches and sports a Connecticut wrapper. Now for the good news they have an order in for the original wrapper however the new one smokes just as good as the original. The one I smoked had a nice draw, even burn and tight ash. The flavors were all there just a bit more mellow. The other good news at least for me is I picked up the last 6 of the original Governadors they had left.

Some more good news is they have 2 new Gordo's one with a Habano wrapper (I smoked that one also yesterday) very tasty and their version of a Double Maduro. I will try to burn one this week and let you all know whats what with it. I was a bit worried that for those that have enjoyed the Governador will look at the new one with some reservations. So I am working with the owner of Casillas Cigars and trying to get a sample of the new Governador into the hands of those I have sent them to and who have purchased some themselves.

The last of the original Governador

The new Governador

The 2 new Gordo's...I smoked the one on the left, pretty tasty

Comments

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    What's it taste like? If it's pretty stellar, I just may head up to Citrus Heights and make an afternoon out of it.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    What's it taste like? If it's pretty stellar, I just may head up to Citrus Heights and make an afternoon out of it.
    The new one is a bit mellower then the original but not mellow like a mild. It is more a mild to medium leaning more on the medium side. If you like a solid medum then I think you will like the Gordo. If you are heading up this way let me know and I will try and make it there for a herf.

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I still have the one you gave me...
    Don't want to smoke it afraid I'll like it.

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

Send it to me, I have no such fear. Smile [:)] Light up and enjoy, life is too short and unpredictable to wait.
    stephen_hannibal:

Well it is your call but if it was me I would smoke it. I am glad you posted cause I forgot that I sent some to you.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo, Mike, don't forget that kingofthecove and I have both enjoyed the governador. I think you gifted him some to begin with and I bombed him with some around Christmastime. Great smokes. I'll have to try the mellow jobbies you're talking about. I could maybe like 'em.
    jlmarta:
    Yo, Mike, don't forget that kingofthecove and I have both enjoyed the governador. I think you gifted him some to begin with and I bombed him with some around Christmastime. Great smokes. I'll have to try the mellow jobbies you're talking about. I could maybe like 'em.
    jlmarta:
    Marty I think you would like it and that is why I am trying to swing something really cool. There was you, kingofthecove, jj20030, stephen_hannibal, The Sniper, jr_p951 and ENFIDEL that I can recall

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I still have mine. It's next on the list to review and then get it featured. It's a beast. Those new ones look amazing!
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    NO!!!!!
    NO!!!!!
    NO!!!!!

I'm think I'm gonna be sick.................
    The Governador is STILL the best cigar I have ever had, and the number of quality cigars I have tried has gone up considerably in the last 6-9 months.

Mike - I smoked both the ones you gave me, and they were awesome - and thank you again.
    Marty - I still have the two you gave me - I'll hang on to them until you're down here in a few months, we'll torch em and watch the sun go down.

KingoftheCove:
    NO!!!!!
    NO!!!!!
    NO!!!!!

The Governador is STILL the best cigar I have ever had, and the number of quality cigars I have tried has gone up considerably in the last 6-9 months.

Mike - I smoked both the ones you gave me, and they were awesome - and thank you again.
    Marty - I still have the two you gave me - I'll hang on to them until you're down here in a few months, we'll torch em and watch the sun go down.

I love that idea, Horst but, unfortunately, I've smoked the last Gpvernador I had. I only have one of the Dominicans left. Maybe I can still locate one or two. See ya in September.
    KingoftheCove:
    NO!!!!!
    NO!!!!!
    NO!!!!!

I love that idea, Horst but, unfortunately, I've smoked the last Gpvernador I had. I only have one of the Dominicans left. Maybe I can still locate one or two. See ya in September.
    jlmarta:
    I love that idea, Horst but, unfortunately, I've smoked the last Gpvernador I had.
    ah, you old polar bear......you didn't read my post.....I still have BOTH of the Govs you gave me.......so we're each gonna smoke one, and watch the sun go down, and drink some of your bourbon................heh!

KingoftheCove:
    jlmarta:
    I love that idea, Horst but, unfortunately, I've smoked the last Gpvernador I had.
    ah, you old polar bear......you didn't read my post.....I still have BOTH of the Govs you gave me.......so we're each gonna smoke one, and watch the sun go down, and drink some of your bourbon................heh!

I thought you were a scotch drinker. And you haven'tt yet answered my question when I asked what brand of scotch you preferred. And what kind of a guy would I be if I smoked a stick I had gifted to you?? When I was a kid (before political correctness) we used to call that kind of person an 'Indian giver'. No offense to anyone of Indian descent. :-)
    jlmarta:
    I thought you were a scotch drinker. And you haven'tt yet answered my question when I asked what brand of scotch you preferred. And what kind of a guy would I be if I smoked a stick I had gifted to you?? When I was a kid (before political correctness) we used to call that kind of person an 'Indian giver'. No offense to anyone of Indian descent. :-)
    First, I am a scotch drinker, but I'm not one to turn down good bourbon....funny thing is, scotch I drink neat, or with a little water.....bourbon I drink on the rocks (has to be good ice though.....otherwise neat)

The Govs?? Well, this is a special/unusual circumstance............this is the last of the original run...........so we'll smoke em and tell em goodbye.

KingoftheCove:
    jlmarta:
    First, I am a scotch drinker, but I'm not one to turn down good bourbon....funny thing is, scotch I drink neat, or with a little water.....bourbon I drink on the rocks (has to be good ice though.....otherwise neat)

The Govs?? Well, this is a special/unusual circumstance............this is the last of the original run...........so we'll smoke em and tell em goodbye.

Then we shall, indeed, have some good bourbon. And I'll make sure there are no ice-worms in it. As for the Govs, if I'm unable to scare up one or two, then I'll gratefully accept your gracious offer.
    PM to ya, Mr. Tuccelli......
    Got it brother