Home Cigar 101

Noob Question

NOBLE 6NOBLE 6 Posts: 34
I've been using a cheap Guillotine cutter for some time now and it's getting dull. I was looking at a Collibri & a Xikar and was wondering how long they retain their edge? Is it worth the $50 if it will only get dull in a year? Thanks for your input.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Buy xikar or Cuban crafters once...never buy again. CC's are cheaper, but you can find deals on xikars too. Both have lifetime warranty
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Interesting, may have to break down and get one once my bank account recovers from the last set of bombs I did. I have been using the cheapies forever.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Interesting, may have to break down and get one once my bank account recovers from the last set of bombs I did. I have been using the cheapies forever.
    All you have to do is ruin a great cigar with a cheap cutter once... CC's are decent for the $$$
  • JonnysmokesJonnysmokes Posts: 48
    Go to cigarmonster at midnight and you will find a xikar for about $35 faith free shipping
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Jonnysmokes:
    Go to cigarmonster at midnight and you will find a xikar for about $35 faith free shipping
    Noble6 PM send regarding cutters..
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I paid around $24/shipped for my CC Perfect Cut. Use it nearly everyday.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my Xi2 has lasted a few years and still cuts like new. if i ever have a bad cut from it i will pack it up and ship it back to Xikar for a new one.

i dont see that happening any time soon.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    A while back, somebody started a thread in Trades, Passes and Bombs in which you could trade for accessories (lighters, cutters, herfadors, y'know - gear!). I just searched thru a few pages of threads but couldnt find it and dont remember what it was called... and the boss is giving me the "Are you gonna do anything today?" stink-eye.

Would one of our intrepid BOTL be so kind as to track it down and either post a link or bump it to the top of TP&B so the brother who started this thread may be able to trade for what he needs, rather than wait until funds become available for him?

Thanks fellas!

• NOBLE 6NOBLE 6 Posts: 34
    I certainly do appreciate the feedback fellas. I am now a proud owner of an X2, found one for $29.00 local. Definitely makes a difference. And I would like to check out that thread that Sniper mentioned.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    A while back, somebody started a thread in Trades, Passes and Bombs in which you could trade for accessories (lighters, cutters, herfadors, y'know - gear!). I just searched thru a few pages of threads but couldnt find it and dont remember what it was called... and the boss is giving me the "Are you gonna do anything today?" stink-eye.

Would one of our intrepid BOTL be so kind as to track it down and either post a link or bump it to the top of TP&B so the brother who started this thread may be able to trade for what he needs, rather than wait until funds become available for him?

Thanks fellas!

Haggler's Corner-Stogies for Stuff

Enjoy!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    my Xi2 has lasted a few years and still cuts like new. if i ever have a bad cut from it i will pack it up and ship it back to Xikar for a new one.

i dont see that happening any time soon.
    They do not send you a new one necessarily. They will sharpen it and send it back. I noticed with the lighters, every one I sent in a new one gets returned to me but with my MTX when I sent it in the fixed the broken piece and sharpened it, they did not replace it.