Home Ratings & Reviews

The Electron Cafe Ion

This is my first review guys. I don't rank cigars I'm more of would I recommend this cigar and to who kind of girl. So here's my first SOTL cigar review: The Electron Cafe Cubano Ion. I was gifted a fiver of these cigars along with a humidor from MTuccelli, thanks buddy I hope you like it! Cigar Review: Electron Caf

Comments

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Awesome review Amanda, I not a big flavored/infused cigar smoker but I think I am going to have to try this one for myself. Do you think if it was a Robusto and not a Corona you would not have the heat issue closer to the band? I guess I will have to keep looking for a good flavored stick for my daughter to try, do you have any suggestions for a good beginner stick?

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    Awesome review Amanda, I not a big flavored/infused cigar smoker but I think I am going to have to try this one for myself. Do you think if it was a Robusto and not a Corona you would not have the heat issue closer to the band? I guess I will have to keep looking for a good flavored stick for my daughter to try, do you have any suggestions for a good beginner stick?

Agreed Mike, really enjoyed reading what you had to say about this too sweetheart! As for the heat issue I think in my opinion it may help simply because larger vitolas are more forgiving on different styles of smoking, ie slower, faster, rougher draw etc. I'll let Amanda give her take on it herself, but as for a good infused beginner stick many that I've known who started out really enjoyed the CAO Flavours line, and more specifically the Moontrance. Hope that gives you an idea ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    90+ Irishman:
    MTuccelli:

Agreed Mike, really enjoyed reading what you had to say about this too sweetheart! As for the heat issue I think in my opinion it may help simply because larger vitolas are more forgiving on different styles of smoking, ie slower, faster, rougher draw etc. I'll let Amanda give her take on it herself, but as for a good infused beginner stick many that I've known who started out really enjoyed the CAO Flavours line, and more specifically the Moontrance. Hope that gives you an idea ;)
    I had thought about the CAO Flavored line up. Does Amanda have some? If so would she consider doing a review on the lineup?

The photos were taken from my phone and uploaded to my Photobucket, so that is why I am posting this, but both Amanda and I want to send a HUGE THANK YOU shout out to you Mike, this is a huge gesture... thank you!

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • MTuccelli:

Some of my favorite beginning sticks are the Juciy Lucy from Drew Estates or the majority of the CAO infused line such as the moontrance, Irish cream or the fruit flavors. Keep her away from the vanilla one for know because most beginners(including myself) expected to much from the flavor promise, it is super mild and would be a great second stick after the mentioned ones.
    stinger.camaro@gmail.com:
    MTuccelli:

Some of my favorite beginning sticks are the Juciy Lucy from Drew Estates or the majority of the CAO infused line such as the moontrance, Irish cream or the fruit flavors. Keep her away from the vanilla one for know because most beginners(including myself) expected to much from the flavor promise, it is super mild and would be a great second stick after the mentioned ones.
    FYI, dunno how it happened this was Amanda's post and she thought it was from her account. Just realized that somehow a new account was created, but this is what Amanda tried to send to you Mike ;)
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Awesome review, Amanda! I've been curious about the ION line for a little while. May have to try some now.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Great review! One thing to mention though is you might want to add br br surrounded by <> to split some of that up just to make it easier to read. That's a criticism of the old board software as I would be willing to bet you had it formatted correctly in your window.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Very nice first review. I'm not a huge fan of infused smokes, but will smoke a Java every now and then.
    One of the female Soldiers that herfs with us LOVES the Sweet Janes from the place in South Dakota. I also got her a tin of CAO Caramelo Joes, which she likes a lot.
    Thanks for sharing!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Great review Amanda, and another awesome gesture from Mike!
    BigT06:
    Great review Amanda, and another awesome gesture from Mike!
    Mike really is quite the incredible brother isn't he??!!? Course that same sentiment can be said for you Todd and so many other amazing brothers we have here too! Thanks to all of the betters and sisters who have so warmly welcomed and encouraged Amanda, it really means a lot to me my friends, thank you!
  • IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    MTuccelli:
    90+ Irishman:
    MTuccelli:

I had thought about the CAO Flavored line up. Does Amanda have some? If so would she consider doing a review on the lineup?

I have a box of CAO flavors that I got from a mysterious smiley face so I can do that line up for you if you like, but it'll take me awhile since I can really only do one cigar at a time without getting sick.
    Steve2010:
    Very nice first review. I'm not a huge fan of infused smokes, but will smoke a Java every now and then.
    One of the female Soldiers that herfs with us LOVES the Sweet Janes from the place in South Dakota. I also got her a tin of CAO Caramelo Joes, which she likes a lot.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Has she tried the Juicy Lucy from Drew Estates?
    IrishAJ:
    MTuccelli:
    90+ Irishman:
    MTuccelli:

I have a box of CAO flavors that I got from a mysterious smiley face so I can do that line up for you if you like, but it'll take me awhile since I can really only do one cigar at a time without getting sick.
    Thanks Amanda and no need to rush. Take your time and enjoy them which results in awesome reviews.

Toombes:
    Awesome review, Amanda! I've been curious about the ION line for a little while. May have to try some now.
    Do it! Do it! Do it!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    IrishAJ:
    Toombes:
    Do it! Do it! Do it!

I shall take that as a highly regarded recommendation! Lol!