Home Cigar 101

Long shipping time and beetles

gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
Just received a ccom package that took 8 days to get to my home-ususal USPS shipping time is 2 days. Not ccom's fault, USPS messed up. Any concern I maybe should have with beetles, as the temp here in the West (package went from PA to CA to MT over the 8 days) has been very high? I wouldn't mind quaranteening them for a few days at a stable cool temp if they hadn't been in the box for 8 days. Should I maybe throw them in the freezer for a few days, or just keep an eye on them in the humi? Thanks for any input or experience anyone could share.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why take chances? Freeze 'em. Easily done and problem solved.
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    +1 but bring the temp down to room first, then 24 hours in the fridge then the freezer. Put them back in the fridge for 24 hours after the freezer ...all to avoid shocking them and damaging the wrapper
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I am on 18 days shipping time so far. I am just hoping it shows up, worry about the rest later, lol.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    what brands are they. unless they are a cheaper lesser known brand there is a good chance that thy have been fumigated at some point. i wouldnt worry.

seriously.

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    what brands are they. unless they are a cheaper lesser known brand there is a good chance that thy have been fumigated at some point. i wouldnt worry.

seriously.

My Father Le Bijou Petit robusto. I should be good then. I left them in the ccom sealed bag with the humi pack overnight and they still look fine.
  • Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    I've ordered cigars from ccom during the summer that have taken up to 3 weeks to get to me. Never had an issue.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    gripnrip:
    kuzi16:

seriously.

My Father Le Bijou Petit robusto. I should be good then. I left them in the ccom sealed bag with the humi pack overnight and they still look fine.
    If you are worried and want to put your mind at ease, freeze them. Simple as that.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I think they will be fine. I just want them to get here. I am out!
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Why take chances? Freeze 'em. Easily done and problem solved.
    Marty
    +1