Home Ratings & Reviews

Limited Editions

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Hey everybody, I'm still really rather new to cigars (about a year), but I keep coming across various limited edition sticks at the B&M's I frequent. My question is, which limited edition cigars from the past few years are really worth the money and that you would pick up if you came across them. For the record, the most recent discoveries that I am pondering are the LFD El Museo and Salomon. If you have any experience with those, I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance for any input.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• SleevePlz:
    Hey everybody, I'm still really rather new to cigars (about a year), but I keep coming across various limited edition sticks at the B&M's I frequent. My question is, which limited edition cigars from the past few years are really worth the money and that you would pick up if you came across them. For the record, the most recent discoveries that I am pondering are the LFD El Museo and Salomon. If you have any experience with those, I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance for any input.
    The salomons have complexity out the yin yang and if ur b&m carries them u should def pick 1-2 up for me and name your price. Lol. My father limiteds are suppose to be outstanding.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    I have read mixed reviews for the museo, don't recall the reviewed vitolas. And for the price I have seen them ( mid 20s) I have not felt the urge to purchase. One limited edition that stands out to me in my limited cigar smoking tenure would be the illusione singular phantom 2010 which is excellent.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Never had a Museo, but the LFD Sals are AWESOME, both Natural and Maduro. One of my locals has had a stock of singles for wayyy longer than it should be possible... but when I was there a few days ago, they had ONE left. :(
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everybody for the input on the LFD Salomons. I'll probably pick up a couple next time. Are there any other limited edition cigars that you wouldn't pass up if you came across them?
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Graycliff Crystal Edicion Limitada if you can find them. One of my favorite LE cigar.
  • SleevePlz:
    Thank you everybody for the input on the LFD Salomons. I'll probably pick up a couple next time. Are there any other limited edition cigars that you wouldn't pass up if you came across them?
    The salomons! Epc edicion limitada 2011 dark rituals I'm actually on thehunt for any surplusses of those right now. Id fill my garage with those sticks if I could.
    I was at my B&M today and I almost pulled the trigger on the AVO 80th Anniversary Cigar, but I couldn't remember reading anything about it. With a price tag around $20, I figured I could wait and maybe get a little feedback/do some research.
  • SleevePlz:
    I was at my B&M today and I almost pulled the trigger on the AVO 80th Anniversary Cigar, but I couldn't remember reading anything about it. With a price tag around $20, I figured I could wait and maybe get a little feedback/do some research.
    the avos are good although I feel they are more overpriced than the opus x lines.
  • And by overpriced I mean drastically overpriced. Annies and regular stock combined. Although their connies are tasty...
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    rzaman:
    Graycliff Crystal Edicion Limitada if you can find them. One of my favorite LE cigar.
    That's the only Graycliff I will smoke. Miles better than any of their regular lines, imho. Still too expensive though...
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I haven't had the 80th, but I woudl pay $20 for an 85th... Avo is top notch and makes amazing smokes. The LE stuff is excellent and my guess is the 80th is in prime condition right now bro with some age. If it were me, I'd jump in a heartbeat
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    SleevePlz:
    I haven't had the 80th, but I woudl pay $20 for an 85th... Avo is top notch and makes amazing smokes. The LE stuff is excellent and my guess is the 80th is in prime condition right now bro with some age. If it were me, I'd jump in a heartbeat
    +1 should be tasty
    Well, after all the wonderful things I heard about the LFD Salomon, I decided to grab one today from the local B&M. This one officially becomes my most expensive cigar to date. IMAG0142
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Well, after all the wonderful things I heard about the LFD Salomon, I decided to grab one today from the local B&M. This one officially becomes my most expensive cigar to date. IMAG0142

I just lit my LCD on fire tring to toast that bad boy! This LCD has a real chemical taste to it.
    Vision:
    SleevePlz:

I just lit my LCD on fire tring to toast that bad boy! This LCD has a real chemical taste to it.
    Lol. This thing is huge and beautiful. Now to find time to smoke it. I figure it has done plenty of aging at the cigar lounge, no need for me to delay the inevitable.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    For price and flavor I like the oliva master blends 3. They are a solid stick and not over priced for what you get.
    Money can't buy taste
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    +1
    Lee.mcglynn:
    For price and flavor I like the oliva master blends 3. They are a solid stick and not over priced for what you get.