Home Cigar 101

Xikar or Cuban Crafters ?

VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just seeing which one I should ask for. I am having my first baby in August and my wife wants to get me a Lighter and Cutter. Any lighter suggestions too?

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Xikat all the way for a cutter! They are the sharpest and lifetime warrantied so you can go wrong. But I don't like thier lighters.
    Money can't buy taste
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty much a personal preference I think.
    Personally, I like my Xikar. But that doesn't mean that your preference would the Xikar.
    I'm not sure you could go wrong with either one.
    But you really need to look at which one will work better for you.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I have the Cuban Crafter's Perfect Cut and use it almost daily. The only drawback is that you can't clip a stick with a bad burn if you need to relight it, which is why I'm looking at the Xikar scissors.
    But, I do agree with Opatience, it all boils down to performance for you. Happy hunting!
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Vision:
    Just seeing which one I should ask for. I am having my first baby in August and my wife wants to get me a Lighter and Cutter. Any lighter suggestions too?
    First of all, how 'bout dem Sox baby!?!?!?! On a streak lately! Second, a belated congrats to you my friend - it's been an absolutely CRAZY past few weeks and I can really relate to the joy of your firstborn on the way! Third, I loved my Cuban Crafters until I purchased a nice high end Xikar. Lifetime warranty and the sharpest blade and perfect cut I've ever seen. Can't go wrong with either of them, but I don't know that I'll ever use anything but Xikar cutters and lighters anymore.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Xikar Xi3 and X-V are the only cutters I'll use.

A little more initial expense, but with Xikar's quality and lifetime no-questions-asked warranty, you'll never need anything else.

As for lighters, it's hard to beat the Bugatti. On the low-end of the expense scale (sub-$5), the Ronson Jet-Lite is hard to beat. Those things are almost bullet-proof.