Home Cigar 101

Any suggestions

marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
I know heartfelt carries empty bead tubes and mesh bags, etc. Is there anywhere else that is reputable that I might find these items. Heartfelt doesn't re-open until June 7th, and I am not sure I want to wait that long given the two week shipping time to my destination. I was wanting to find a few tubes for my 20ct humi and travel humi and a 1lb bag for my coolidor. Any suggestions would be great.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are bags available on eBay called Aqua-Pure filter media bags. They're used for aquariums. I believe there are different sizes available. A search oughta find 'em quickly for ya.....
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Awesome, thank you. Now if I can track down a couple of tubes.....
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    This: (sorry, misread post)
    You can use the aluminum tubos if you punch a buncha holes in 'em with a safety pin or such.
    Hadn't thought about that. So, I guess my next question is when using a tube of beads, is it wise to seperate it from the cigars in some manner or will it not hert to sit next to one?
    The tubes I got from Heartfelt sit right alongside my sticks. I don't see why an aluminum tubo would be any different.
    Great, thats what I needed to know. Thank you.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Marty's tubo suggestion is good.
    A small, flat plastic food container with lid is good too for your travel humi - made my own by burning small holes in the lid using soldering iron - a hot, thin nail would work too. You might be able to find some small ketchup/salsa containers, and burn some holes in the lids somewhere on base??
    For the cooler, I use a tube, but also use a plastic flat, rectangular snack dishes, and cover them with women's nylons, knotted on both ends.
    Here's a pic of my homemade bead containers in action....

Another great suggestion. Although stockings are hard to come by here. Thought about using just a piece of window screen.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Another great suggestion. Although stockings are hard to come by here. Thought about using just a piece of window screen.
    Window screen + duct tape + strong scissors + some imagination = workable bead tube.

My thoughts exactly
    Wow!! All these great minds running in the same groove.... It's BLOODY AMAZING is what it is.....
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Here's what I do (thanks to someone on this site).
    I take prescription pill vials (various sizes). Drill small holes all over and then fill with beads. I can use the smaller ones in tight areas and the larger ones on more open areas of the humi. My $.02
    I am liking the MacGyver-esk mentality of this thread
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    jlmarta:
    Wow!! All these great minds running in the same groove.... It's BLOODY AMAZING is what it is.....
    Pretty sure I just heard the earth crack... LOL

Now I am just trying to figure out whether thats an insult Mr. Glenn, lol
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    How big is your cooler? I have a half pound of beads and some tubes sitting around that I forgot to send to dustin for his bright new shiny cooler. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I sent them to you instead.
    I have a 48qt. But I had already ordered half lb of beads, then ordered 2 tubes and another half lb off ebay today. So I think I will be set. Thanks though.
  • bigfnsteve:
    How big is your cooler? I have a half pound of beads and some tubes sitting around that I forgot to send to dustin for his bright new shiny cooler. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I sent them to you instead.
    hey Steve, what would you want for those if he wouldnt mind? im workin o n a coolidor project (well i need a cooler first! lol) pm me bud
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    Marty's tubo suggestion is good.
    A small, flat plastic food container with lid is good too for your travel humi - made my own by burning small holes in the lid using soldering iron - a hot, thin nail would work too. You might be able to find some small ketchup/salsa containers, and burn some holes in the lids somewhere on base??
    For the cooler, I use a tube, but also use a plastic flat, rectangular snack dishes, and cover them with women's nylons, knotted on both ends.
    Here's a pic of my homemade bead containers in action....

Nice setup and great cigar collection.