Home Cigar 101

Cigar Tracking question

ScottUScottU Posts: 194
I've got 52 cigars coming in the next two days, and about 20 that I've bought recently (have the dates etc) and I want to track them on a spreadsheet until I finish writing my software. However, some of them do not have cello - How do you guys label them with no cello? Thanks

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    You can use a piece of tape and put it on the band with the date.
  • ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Like masking tape? Won't that leave a residue?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    It will on the band. Don't put it on the wrapper just the band. Small enough to put a date or whatever you want to write on there.
  • ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Aye, much thanks wheels... I'm counting down the minuets until UPS gets here... Today - 32 cigars, herf-a-dor, and free c.com lighter....tomorrow 10 MOWs and 10 centurions.... I love you cigar.com...
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    ScottU:
    Aye, much thanks wheels... I'm counting down the minuets until UPS gets here... Today - 32 cigars, herf-a-dor, and free c.com lighter....tomorrow 10 MOWs and 10 centurions.... I love you cigar.com...
    damn, you went all out didn't ya?

"Long ashes my friends."

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ScottU:
    I've got 52 cigars coming in the next two days, and about 20 that I've bought recently (have the dates etc) and I want to track them on a spreadsheet until I finish writing my software. However, some of them do not have cello - How do you guys label them with no cello? Thanks
    Well, all my cigars are stored in cello.. I save a few old cello sleeves just for this purpose.. If I get a " cabinet" cigar, they get a recycled sleeve. I hate chipped or cracked cigar wrappers.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    You can also take some strips of paper and then wrap it around the cigar and tap it together that way you save the label and you can write down the date on the now newly formed paper sleeve.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you can find blank bands somewhere. im not sure where though.
  • I started using liltte color stars (pack came with 15 or so colors) on the band and when I write down what cigar they are I just mark the color star down too with the date. red star = 4/11/09. Then again I don't buy a lot of cigars, I smoke maybe 5 a week.