Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Avo La Trompeta

Hey fellas, picked up a fiver of these last week and am looking to light one up, but it appears from some preliminary research that these have some burn problems. My lighter is currently out of commission so I've been using matches and don't want the cigar ruined by constantly having to relight with matches in the wind. Anybody had one of these yet? Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I picked one up recently but haven't smoked it yet. Someone on here did a review not too long ago - I think I remember them saying it was good but not knock-your-socks off good, but I don't recall any mention of burn issues. Do a quick search - you might track that thread down.

Edit: here's the thread:
    La Trompeta
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, j0z3r did a review about a month ago. I think aging it a bit might do it some good.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SporusSporus Posts: 236
    Thank you! Guess I could have searched here and not google, but they are pretty different takes. However, all of them seem to conclude that they're not the most special things. I'll light one up tomorrow and enjoy the hell out of it.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    yea. you do that Shawn. you show that trumpet who's boss. *smack* good game.
  • Options
    SporusSporus Posts: 236
    jliu:
    yea. you do that Shawn. you show that trumpet who's boss. *smack* good game.
    Did you just give me a "good game" on the forum? I'm a little embarrassed, but pumped nonetheless!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    what? what... happened. man this is a great cigar! yea! yea....