Home Cigar 101

What am I do wrong with this hygrometer?

lukemcklukemck Posts: 45
This is what I have

I thought I had it calibrated earlier and the instructions ended up thrown away.. I've since tried to recalibrate it with no success.. I have the 75% calibration kit from boveda.. I've taken the battery out to reset it and put it in for 24 hours, it will stay at 69%, I've tried hitting the set button, then turning the knob six clicks and putting it back in there and 24 hours later it's still reading 69.. I've also tried turning the knob before I hit the set button with the same results.. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I had trouble with a hygoset, ended up throwing it out! But first try the salt test if that fails and keeps giving you trouble just take a note on what it is off by and go from there.
    Money can't buy taste
  • lukemcklukemck Posts: 45
    thank you sir.. At least now I know I was doing it right, just wasn't getting the results I was supposed to.. I'll try it again with the salt test after work today
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    no problem man. just tryint to help people get the most out of this hobby.
    So I wanted to try using the boveda method one more time making sure I followed the directions properly.. I reset it, didn't touch any buttons, put it in the bag for ~36 hours, it read 68%, I took it out, moved it clockwise 7 notches, put it back in the bag for another 24 hrs and it still reads 68%.. I then took it out again and turned it all the way up, 24 hrs later it still reads 68%..

I'll try salt next, but this is pretty frustrating
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Silly question, but after you move the dial X number of clicks, are you hitting the calibration buttion, if not, you aren't changing anything which is why it would still read 68.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    marineatbn03:
    Silly question, but after you move the dial X number of clicks, are you hitting the calibration buttion, if not, you aren't changing anything which is why it would still read 68.
    BAZINGA! Im betting you hit the nail on the head leatherneck. :-)

marineatbn03:
    I'm an idiot..

lets try this again lol
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    lukemck:
    marineatbn03:
    I'm an idiot..

lets try this again lol
    You're NOT the only one who's ever done this brother.

Ask me how I know. ;-)

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Why do you think I knew the answer, LMAO
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    lukemck:
    marineatbn03:
    I'm an idiot..

lets try this again lol
    You're NOT the only one who's ever done this brother.

Ask me how I know. ;-)

Been there done that too - it took me a few times before I finally figured out how to "calibrate" my digital hygro....

And when you press the red button to calibrate it, make sure you press it down hard enough.....it took me another two times of trying to calibrate before I realized I wasn't fully pressing the button far enough...

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *