Home Cigar 101

Connecticut wrapper with green spots

MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
I have 2 cigars with a Connecticut wrapper and they both have some green spots. Is this normal?

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    never seen it. maybe mold? can you post a pic?
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I would say if you can brush it off, its mold. If you can't then I would imagine it's just a small blemish on the wrapper. Since the color of con. wrappers are so light, sometimes a small blemish can stand out.
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I have noticed this on a couple of really light shade connecticut wrappers that I attributed to blemishes, but have never had a problem smoking them. But yeah, if it was something you could brush off, I would think mold.
  • I had a couple of connecticut wrapped cigars that had green spots. Don't worry about it. If it's teal and can be wiped off then it's mold. If it's just a green splotch then it's caused by direct water contact during the curing process (basically a stain).
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Well, its definitely not mold. Thanks for the reassurance guys. I never thought that the cigars were bad, but I did think they may have needed more aging or something.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Marshallrocks80:
    I had a couple of connecticut wrapped cigars that had green spots. Don't worry about it. If it's teal and can be wiped off then it's mold. If it's just a green splotch then it's caused by direct water contact during the curing process (basically a stain).
    I have a few connies with just this same ailment.. I agree with Marshall, don't worry if it is a "stain". If it is powdery, and blue/green than it's mold. Not so good.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I've had the same thing before, a very faint green spot on a light conn wrapper. It almost looks like it is underneath the wrapper. Don't worry, it didn't affect the taste of the ones I have seen it on.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    i've actually even seen conn.-wrapped cigars that are almost entirely green, and they're still fine. I think that a light green cast is even a normal trait of one or two certain brands of cigars, but i could be wrong.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    i've actually even seen conn.-wrapped cigars that are almost entirely green, and they're still fine. I think that a light green cast is even a normal trait of one or two certain brands of cigars, but i could be wrong.
    Candela wrappers are a light green, it is caused by a technique in fermenting that halts the color change process.