Home Cigar 101

7-7-7 8-6-8

T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
I saw a few different cigars at the local B&M and they had rings on them that said 7-7-7 or 8-6-8. What does this mean? I wasn't sure if it was referring to a change in the type of tobacco in the thirds of the cigar or if it was just to be an eye grabber to make the stick stand out. I know I should looked closer at the time and provided the brand and name of these sticks, but I am still new to think and learning as I go.

Thanks for any info or insight. BOTL

Comments

• T.J. Armstrong:
    I saw a few different cigars at the local B&M and they had rings on them that said 7-7-7 or 8-6-8. What does this mean? I wasn't sure if it was referring to a change in the type of tobacco in the thirds of the cigar or if it was just to be an eye grabber to make the stick stand out. I know I should looked closer at the time and provided the brand and name of these sticks, but I am still new to think and learning as I go.

Thanks for any info or insight. BOTL
    8-6-8 are normal fuente's imo good enough kinda pricy at a B&M im assuming you either went to Arrow or the wharf?
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I believe those are releases from Illusione. They are supposed to be great. I've never had an Illusione
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    +1...J. Fuego also has a 7 7 7. Illusione is a great smoke after a little aging.
    dennisking:
    I believe those are releases from Illusione. They are supposed to be great. I've never had an Illusione
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    +1...J. Fuego also has a 7 7 7. Illusione is a great smoke after a little aging.
    dennisking:
    forgot about that Rip
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you referring to the AF Flor Fina 858 and the J. Fuego 777?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    those are the names of the cigar. as in "Jesus Fuego 777 corojo" (great cigar BTW)
    and Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8.

sometimes the numbers mean things. sometimes not. sometimes we know what they mean. sometimes not.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    those are the names of the cigar. as in "Jesus Fuego 777 corojo" (great cigar BTW)
    and Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8.

sometimes the numbers mean things. sometimes not. sometimes we know what they mean. sometimes not.

+1 on the 7-7-7! Haven't had the 8-6-8 yet but have heard tons of good things about them.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Both are good smokes. The 777 is one of my favs
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    8-6-7-5-3-0-9 is one of my favorites. Jenny Jenny, who can I turn to?

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Worth noting that the Flor Fina 8-5-8 doesn't SAY 8-5-8 anywhere on the band, only on the cellophane in gold. Makes me skeptical that what OP saw were 858s and not something like the Illusione ~888~...
  • T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if it had to do with the internal makings of the cigar or just a branding trend to draw attention. Turns out it's the branding or more so the labeling, but you all just helped add more to my ever growing list of things to try and reasons to get a 3rd and 4th job. In fact, we went to a B&M today that is HUGE compared to the other ones in the area (the Wharf) and after leaving, our daughter asked me why I don't just get one of each kind that they have so that I can try them all and so can our friends. I loved the idea. I let her know that that was the best idea ever, but unfortunately we don't have a place to put that many cigars in our house (yet, lol). Oh, there's a daydream for you guys...
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Oh my little niece and her imaginative innocence, I love that little monkey. And I am so gonna bomb your azz as soon as I hit the freedom shore....
  • T.J. Armstrong:
    Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if it had to do with the internal makings of the cigar or just a branding trend to draw attention. Turns out it's the branding or more so the labeling, but you all just helped add more to my ever growing list of things to try and reasons to get a 3rd and 4th job. In fact, we went to a B&M today that is HUGE compared to the other ones in the area (the Wharf) and after leaving, our daughter asked me why I don't just get one of each kind that they have so that I can try them all and so can our friends. I loved the idea. I let her know that that was the best idea ever, but unfortunately we don't have a place to put that many cigars in our house (yet, lol). Oh, there's a daydream for you guys...
    You can store some here. And I dont liek the service at the wharf i wont ever step foot in there again.
    Really? They were great and the guy we talked to was really helpful and didn't try to push the more expensive lighters when I asked about them. I figured they might see a potential sucker or something. I had a list of stuff I wanted to check for and he recommended off it and suggested some other stuff to try too. Maybe we got lucky. It was a younger guy. Oh, and I mentioned reading on the forum and talking to all you BOTL for suggestions, so maybe that helped since I mentioned shopping around online too... Who knows.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    T.J. Armstrong:
    Really? They were great and the guy we talked to was really helpful and didn't try to push the more expensive lighters when I asked about them. I figured they might see a potential sucker or something. I had a list of stuff I wanted to check for and he recommended off it and suggested some other stuff to try too. Maybe we got lucky. It was a younger guy. Oh, and I mentioned reading on the forum and talking to all you BOTL for suggestions, so maybe that helped since I mentioned shopping around online too... Who knows.
    ORRRRRR, he thought you were cute, LMAO
    That might have been the case. I thought he was just trying to showing me where the butane was, but maybe he was going to the reach around... I better stay on guard! No wonder there is the all this stick talk, freaks!

But really, the guys there were really nice. They gave Mads a sucker and didn't mind her wondering around the store as we looked. Granted they did have two parrots in there, so she was happy either way.
  • I got 1 parrot to say I'm a turtle.... happiest day of my life! No there was an older gent in there when I was in there last. He was quite a ***.