Home Ratings & Reviews

morning mouth

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
One thing I have never seen in ratings & reviews is morning mouth.

I have started keeping a cigar journal using a cigar rating android app named RateMyCigar. Every time I rate a new smoke, the next morning I enter what kind of morning mouth the tuyhing left me with. Last night, for instance, I smoked a San Lotano Connecticut which was a fine cigar in a too mild almost too mild to taste sort of way. Mostly hay flavor. This morning, though, I woke up with a tasty morning mouth. Very pleasant with my breakfast espresso. I have a mug of half espresso and half half&half every morning. I'm still savoring the combo. This cigar really likes my creamy coffee.

I've seen loads of pre-light review stuff. I am surprised I have not seen any afterword review stuff.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Wow. I like the way your mind works. Question though. Is this before or after you brush your teeth?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streater:
    Wow. I like the way your mind works. Question though. Is this before or after you brush your teeth?

After, of course. They get brushed before bed and in the morning shower; then comes coffee. Right now, it's ten a.m. here in Dull-Aware, and I am still savoring the San Lo / espresso combo. Yum.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Streater:
    What is this "teeth brushing" thing you speak of???

• allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I find it's less about the brushing of teeth, and more about the coating on the tongue. Cleaning your tongue before hitting the sack and after smoking a heavy cigar makes your palate a lot fresher than just brushing your teeth.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Streater:

no need to brush your teeth when you got dentures glen. you get a freebie on that one buddy. If I want to get the cigar taste out of my mouth, I just eat or drink something citrusy. Typically works pretty well.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    no need to brush your teeth when you got dentures glen. you get a freebie on that one buddy. If I want to get the cigar taste out of my mouth, I just eat or drink something citrusy. Typically works pretty well.
    LOL @ Glen's dentures....ha, good one
    And I'm with you on the citrus, jliu, I always try to eat/drink something citrusy(is that a real word?) before I turn in for the night and in the morning I always have a fresh palate & no stale smoke taste.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    If you just light one up while you're brushing your teeth, you don't need to worry about it.
    jliu:
    The Sniper:
    Streater:

I still dont get it... wouldnt brushing your teeth with a cigar tear the wrapper to shreds. Why wouldnt you just smoke the damned thing??? So confused.... :-D

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    The Sniper:
    jliu:
    The Sniper:
    Streater:

I still dont get it... wouldnt brushing your teeth with a cigar tear the wrapper to shreds. Why wouldnt you just smoke the damned thing??? So confused.... :-D

Wouldn't be surprised if Kuzi had tried this, especially after his tobacco ice cream experiment
    xmacro:
    The Sniper:
    jliu:
    The Sniper:
    Streater:

Wouldn't be surprised if Kuzi had tried this, especially after his tobacco ice cream experiment
    There's some forum archival history for ya! LOL

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically after I have a late night smoke, I'll have another mint Java cigar just to freshen things up. The wife loves it!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    xmacro:
    The Sniper:
    jliu:
    The Sniper:
    Streater:

ill try it again some day. it will work damnit.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, see, this morning I have no tasty morning mouth, because I never got around to burning one last night. All I have is that rumble gut. I hear the RedHead clinking round the kitchen. Here's coffee coming on and I got no cigar lingerings to make it tastier.

A good morning mouth is not a bad thing.

• StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    I can't brush my teeth without brushing my tongue as well. I also use Listerine or some other type of antiseptic mouthwash. Is this bad for the palate? I know that using it more than 2 times a day will not only kill all the bad stiff in your mouth, but the good stuff as well, like the bacteria killing white blood cells. I only use it in the morning and right before bed. Would this screw up my taste buds?

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't think so... its just alcohol and mint flavor. I'd say no worse than having a drink with a cigar. And I bet you don't swish right before lighting up either!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    The Sniper:
    Streater:

EWWWWWWW!!!!!!
  • IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    The Sniper:
    xmacro:
    The Sniper:
    jliu:
    The Sniper:
    Streater:

You know as a pregnant woman I find some strange combos yummy right now (like hot sauce on EVERYTHING!) but that one takes the cake, makes me want to show you that hot sauce again.
  • KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    kuzi16:
    The Sniper:
    xmacro:
    The Sniper:
    jliu:
    The Sniper:
    Streater:

ill try it again some day. it will work damnit.
    had to google it: interesting! http://nicoeats.com/2009/12/26/strictly-for-adults-tobacco-ice-cream/
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    jliu:
    The Sniper:
    Streater:

Jiunn(like the bug)will orange peel chicken work
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    yes. that works wonderfully