Home General Discussion

How many servicemen do we have here?

2»

Comments

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Army active duty 12 years and active guard reserve 4 years. Four more to go....

• MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Ex Navy, VF-51 NAS Miramar, used our planes in Top Gun, Weapons guidance and other, 5 Years 4 Reg and 1 Mandatory Extension hence Other!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Marine '01-'05
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    ug dan:
    Marine '01-'05
    Semper Fi brother
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Active duty Navy Chief. Currently with vfa-122, jet engine mechanic by trade and have worked of F-14's, Super hornets and old hornets. 14 years and 8 deployments, 6 to the gulf. Wouldn't trade it for anything:)
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    ug dan:
    Marine '01-'05
    Semper Fi brother
    Just remember Marines are a Department of the Navy!! ROTFLMAO!!!:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    marineatbn03:
    ug dan:
    Marine '01-'05
    Semper Fi brother

Hoo-yah, Master Chief!!
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Marines...20 yrs
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    e6specialk:
    Marines...20 yrs

I tip my white hat to you, sir!
    MVW67:
    marineatbn03:
    ug dan:
    Marine '01-'05
    Semper Fi brother
    We know, the Men's department
    e6specialk:
    Marines...20 yrs
    And I see you live in one of my old stomping grounds
  • RianRian Posts: 30
    Former Army Active duty officer here, now a ridiculously happy Air Force Reserve Capt.
  • ctschirgictschirgi Posts: 63 ✭✭
    12 years and counting as an active duty Coast Guard Officer. Before the comments start, I'll admit that I've never been shot at and highly respect those folks that have been in combat, but you get pretty close to the man up stairs when you are in 60 foot seas. Arghh, and much respect to my DOD brothers and sisters.
  • RianRian Posts: 30
    ctschirgi:
    12 years and counting as an active duty Coast Guard Officer. Before the comments start, I'll admit that I've never been shot at and highly respect those folks that have been in combat, but you get pretty close to the man up stairs when you are in 60 foot seas. Arghh, and much respect to my DOD brothers and sisters.
    Hey brother, thanks for your service, I've been shoot at, blown up and spent a month in the hospital... it's extremely over rated and it don't cause your junk to grow like it was supposed to... If only the coast guard had my job. :)
  • Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    I know what you mean, I was able to see the bow of a destroyer entirely submerged in heavy seas when I was standing OOD.
  • T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    Thank you to all of you for doing what you did and still doing what you do. My brother was in the Army for 5 1/2 years as were 8 close friends of mine who have served in the last 10 years. I am glad you all have the guts to do what you do because it is truly the ultimate sacrifice and an underpaid one at that. Thanks again!